CH 3 - Weekend Plans pt. 1

Warning: MizuEna may be implied in this chapter, and a future note, I may add little bits of the ships TouKoha, EmuKasa, Ruinene, and MizuEna throughout this novel! And, Mizuki here uses they/them pronouns

9:00 AM - Saturday Morning

Ring! Ring!

"..Ugh" said An as she snoozed her alarm for the third time, "it's a Saturday, I wanna sleep in..." Suddenly, An just remembered she had promised to meet Mizuki at the mall today at 9:30 and she jumped up from bed. "AH! How could I have forgotten.." she said as she fixed her bed and went to get ready.

However, one thing An didn't know was that Mizuki had invited Ena Shinonome over and whenever Ena went shopping she always brought her younger brother to carry her bags, Akito Shinonome... the one person An had been dreading the past few days..

9:45 AM - Outside of the mall

"When are we going inside Ena, we've been waiting outside for the past 10 minutes!?!" Akito yelled at his sister. "Be patient Akito! Mizuki invited another friend, we're waiting for her!" Ena responded, "In fact, I think you know her, she goes to your school, and I'm pretty sure you guys practice together all the time." Akito thought about it for a second, Kohane didn't go to Kamiyama, and only one other person came to mind..

"SHIRAISHI!?" Akito yelled in a voice a bit too high than he anticipated. Mizuki nodded smiling and heard a familiar voice behind them. "SORRY I'M LATE I SLEPT IN!" An said as she quickly approached them. "An, I told you to set an alarm!" Mizuki replied back grumpily, "anyways, now that you're here, we can finally head in! I hope you don't mind that I invited Ena and her brother!" "Hm, no problem, wait Akito!? Oh right, you're Ena's little brother.." said An. The four of them headed into the mall, Ena and Mizuki going a bit ahead leaving An and Akito walking next to each other.

"So Akito, didn't expect you to be the kind of person to wake up early on weekends just to go shopping!" An said in attempts to start a conversation. "Ugh, Ena forced me to.. If I could, I would be laying in bed right now.." Akito sighed causing An to slightly laugh and punch Akito's arm. "WAIT UP GUYS!!" An shouted at the two in front of them who were almost out of sight.

12:00 PM

"Ena, can we take a break please.." Akito said tiredly carrying all of Ena and Mizuki's bags while they kept going from shop to shop. An had come to accompany Mizuki shopping, but Mizuki just hung out with Ena mainly, of course, An didn't mind though. "Hey! Why don't we take a snack break!" An said optimistically. "Good idea!" Ena replied. She would have said it was a terrible idea if I had said it, Akito thought as they headed towards the food court. "What do you guys wanna get?" An asked the three accompanying her. "Mm, maybe some french fries!" Mizuki said. "Pancakes," Akito and Ena said in unison. "Heh, so you like pancakes just like Akito, don't you Ena?" An remarked. Ena nodded flustered, she hated that she and her annoying little brother had similar taste buds. "Well, I'll get some rum raisin ice cream then!" An said. "You always get that flavor of ice cream..." Akito said disappointingly. "I can't help it, it's so good!" she replied. Mizuki noticed the two, and remembered what they and An had been talking about the other day. "You know, me and Ena can get the food, you guys stay here!" they said trying to take advantage of the situation. Before giving them a chance to respond, Mizuki grabbed Ena's arm and walked towards one of the shops. "Hey! What was that for!? Akito should have gotten the food for us.." Ena said angrily at her friend. "Akito and An need the space for themselves" Mizuki responded while taking a quick peek at the two they had just walked away from. "Huh?" Ena replied confused. "I have a feeling they're made for each other..!" Mizuki said dreamily. "Shiraishi's way too pretty for my brother, what are you talking about Mizuki.." Ena said. Mizuki just laughed at this and finally, it was their turn to order food...

Back with Akito and An

"Huh, it's unlike Ena to order, normally she would have asked, no, forced me to" Akito said as the two vanished from sight. "You know Akito, you're always talking about your sister, she must be special to you," An said while smiling brightly at him. Why're you always so cute An... Akito thought. "Hah, special!? More like a special pain.." he remarked at An's comment. "I wonder what they're talking about.." An said seeing Mizuki and Ena constantly speaking back and forth. "Probably about the orders, but Akiyama has been talking to Ena a lot recently, so it isn't surprising," Akito answered An's question. "Aaah! Now that you mentioned the food orders, I'm really hungry..." An said sadly feeling the hunger within her. "Let's hope they finish up soon, because I'm getting hungry too.." Akito replied back.

Author's Note:

There will be a part two of what happens later on when they're shopping so don't worry about it! Btw, if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know, I'd really appreciate any new ideas for future chapters! And sorry if there wasn't enough Akian, there will be more next chapter!

— faireetales

AND, daybreak frontline was so good, right? playing the song on repeat rn hehe!