CH 5

Author's Note: Too many things going all in one chapter aaaaaa, but a little bit of toukoha-focused chapter, so enjoy!

Sunday Afternoon

"An-chan! Your new earrings are so cute! Where'd you get them?" Kohane said excitedly upon An's arrival at the park for Vivid Bad Squad's daily practice. "Hehe, thanks Kohane!! I got them from the mall yesterday!" An responded to her cute little friend. Akito who was resting on a bench nearby while they had been waiting for An suddenly got up and interrupted their conversation, "Excuse me, I spent my OWN precious money to buy them and picked them for you and you act as if you bought them yourself!" "So what?" An responded back sarcastically, "I already said thanks yesterday." Kohane looked towards Akito and noticed something on his ear, "Now that you mention it Shinonome-kun, your earring looks a lot like An-chan's!" "Yeah, they are matching earrings, what do you expect?" Akito responded inattentively. Wow, they're matching earrings, how cute!, Kohane thought. Akito was getting restless, so he called everyone, "anyways, let's start practicing, we have to attend a live house next weekend, and I heard there will be a lot of people coming." The rest of VBS nodded and got ready to start singing but a thought occupied An's mind. Akito's obviously stressed about our next performance, but how does he manage to put on such a careless face and talk about it as if it's nothing, An thought. "Shiraishi-san, it's your cue," Toya interrupted An's thoughts. An snapped back to reality and noticed everyone was looking at her waiting for her. "Ah, my bad!" she exclaimed embarrassed. An-chan's been acting weird lately, I should talk to her later, Kohane thought upon this unexpected reaction from An.

An had left practice in a hurry so Kohane didn't get the chance to talk to her. "Alright, I'm heading out then," Akito said as he was about to exit the park. Toya and Kohane waved at him as Kohane said "Bye Shinonome-kun! See you tomorrow!" Since Toya and Kohane were headed in the same direction, they walked together for a bit. Kohane kept thinking back to all the strange things happening with An recently, and she couldn't help but feel worried and asked the boy next to her, "Aoyagi-kun, have you noticed An-chan's been acting weird lately? I wonder what's causing her stress.." Toya looked down to the short girl next to him, and saw her worried face for her friend and said "I have noticed Shiraishi-san has been acting weird lately, as well as Akito, he has also been having some strange behaviors recently." Kohane thought about this for a moment, and realized that he was right, Akito had been acting strange too! "Ah, I wonder why..." Kohane said sadly, thinking about her teammates. Toya didn't like seeing this usually cheery girl so sad, so he bent down a bit to brush her bangs covering her eyes back a bit while saying, "Azusawa-san, don't worry too much about them, Shiraishi-san and Akito are both strong people and they'll surely deal with whatever's stressing them out," while smiling at her. Kohane shrieked as her face turned a few shades red from this sudden motion from Toya. Toya slightly chuckled and the two continued walking back home as Kohane looked down to hide how much she was flustered.

Monday Morning – Kamiyama High

"Oh what am I going to do..." An mumbled to herself not noticing a certain pink-haired had made their way next to her. "Aaah, what are you sulking about An-chan?" Mizuki said to their friend. "Oh nothing, don't worry about it Mizuki..." she replied back. She's been acting like this all time time, I need to find out what's going on with An, this is so unusual, Mizuki thought as she got closer to An to look at her in the face, "An, tell me what's bothering you, I won't judge or anything, you know you can tell me right?" An could tell how much her friend was worried about this so she decided it wouldn't hurt to tell, "I-I've been acting weird because of Akito recently, I don't know why, he's making me feel so many mixed emotions.." "Oh An-chan, you're in love~!" Mizuki exclaimed. "EH!!? N-no way... N-not with that guy..." An said as her ears turned a few hints of red like a tomato the fruit she hated oh so much. "Hehe, my best friend has a crush on a specific ginger that's Ena's little bro!" Mizuki said happily while clapping her hands, "By the way, I love your earrings, a nice change is always good!" "Ah, Akito got them for me..." An responded. Mizuki widened their eyes before saying, "You guys aren't even dating yet, but he already got you a couple's gift, eh?" "MIZUKI!!!!!" An shrieked while covering her face, probably bright red by this point.

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter again! I really need to make a timeline for how the events will unfold in this story rather than coming up with the ideas on the spot, but yayyyyyy An finally confessed her feelings, now I wonder when will Akito? But that's for another time~