CHAPTER SIX

chapter six: sabotage

"YOUR BROTHER IS INSANE," AMARA had stated the second Wednesday had opened the door to her, allowing her into the dorm room with the crumpled up piece of paper in her hands.

Wednesday paused, shrugging slightly. "You say that as if it's a bad thing."

The brunette paused, spotting Enid lying on her bed and dramatically weeping into her hands. "What happened?" She questioned, glancing over to Wednesday for help, though the girl seemed just about done with attempting to comfort the blonde.

"It's a disaster Mari!" Enid began, pacing the floor. "Yoko is sick! There was a garlic bread incident at dinner and now she's out of the Poe Cup and we're down a member!"

Amara paused, considering the conversation she had just eavesdropped onto before turning to the two. "It wasn't an accident, it was Bianca."

"How do you know?"

"Doesn't matter," the girl continued, giving Wednesday a knowing look. "We need to take her down."

"I believe it," Wednesday agreed, nodding at the Bennett Witch. "Tomorrow is when we strike."

"Wait," Enid sniffed, turning to her roommate hopefully. "You're joining the Black Cats? You're willing to do that? For me?"

The Addams twins eyes shifted to Amara in a small plea, but the girl just shrugged as Wednesday began. "I want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat."

"Yeah, but mostly you're doing it because were friends, right?"

Instead of answering, the goth dramatically turned away from them. "Tell me how she keeps winning."

"It's a real brain cramp," Enid tried to justify, causing Amara to scoff.

"Please, she's been sabotaging the boats every year, Enid. Even you're not naive enough to ignore it," the girl stated, crossing her arms in distain. "There's no rules in the Poe Cup, and she's a siren... a blind person can see what's going on."

"Then we just need to beat her at her own game."

☆☆☆☆☆

The next day was the annual Poe Cup, to which Amara was actually excited for. Her, Wednesday and Thing had strayed up for the majority of the night on their plan for sabotage — where Amara had told them everything about the night before in Xavier's form: Bianca's comment, the drawing of Wednesday, the blank page, all of it.

Wednesday was surprised at how quick Amara was to jump at the opportunity to beat Bianca, which she decided she would question later.

Crowds of students circled Nevermore's lake, eager to watch the competition unfold as the other's got changed. Stepping out in her Cat costume, Amara made her way over to Enid and an incredibly glum looking Wednesday.

"Excited?" Enid questioned the girl, practically jumping up and down in eagerness.

"Very," Amara smiled back, the small whiskers on her face slightly lopsided.

"Well this is an interesting sight to see," the voice of Malachi stated amusingly from behind them. The three girls turned around to be met with his amused smile, watching as he shook his head at their costumes.