Chapter Three

"P'Mew, I'm off to work." 

Gulf announced as he grabbed his bag on the couch and picked up the documents he worked on last night. Mew dried his hand and left the sink to brace his arms around Gulf's waist. He buried his face in the younger one's neck and sniffed the sweet perfume lingering on his skin.

"Are you sure you'll be fine alone?" He asked with a worried voice.

Gulf drew a smile and said, "I told you I'll be fine. You came home late last night, and I'm sure you didn't get enough rest."

That, Mew was reminded he indeed went home very late last night since he has a meeting together with the company's board of directors on behalf of his sister. He should've spent the night at the hotel since the meeting was held in the countryside. Yet, the young man didn't stay knowing that the person he loves was alone at their condominium.

It's pretty cringe.

Well, Mew doesn't want to be reminded how lonely he was while abroad for years. He couldn't think about anything except making Gulf the last person he'll see as he bid the night goodbye, and the first person he'll meet as he open his eyes to welcome the radiant sunshine in the morning.

Mew stopped dazing off when a soft luscious skin touched his brims. It was sweet and tender, that he'd never want to let go. Mew stared into Gulf's dark orbs, then down to his thin heart-shaped rosy lips.

"You stay here and get a lot of rest, that's an order, hmm?"

"I'll pick you up later, then."

"Hmm." Again, Gulf bade his boyfriend goodbye before leaving the unit.

Mew heaved out a sigh as he watched the door shut. He was used to giving his boyfriend a lift to his workplace, so thinking about doing nothing at this hour--or maybe the whole day--will surely make him bored.

Thinking about his plans for today, Mew sat on the couch and silently fixed his gaze on his blurry reflection on the TV. Then suddenly, his attention drifted when his phone rang from the table. He stood up and answered the call and he just determined it was his sister from the other line.

"Hey, how was the meeting last night? I heard it finished up late." She immediately asked.

"Will you stop thinking about the company and take a rest?" Mew stressed. That's the reason why he was the one who attended the meeting instead of his sister. She was too focused at work to the point that she forgot to take enough rest and suddenly fainted due to over-fatigue.

And because of that, their old man didn't allow her to step outside the house and asked his elder son to fill her duties in the meantime since Mile refused to handle it.

"What else can I  do? I know you're also busy handling your firm and now, you're filling up my duties in the meantime." She blurted. Mew could see her pouting lips at the other end of the line.

"Didn't the doctor say that you have to take leave for at least a month?" Mew was the second child and yet he was scolding his elder sister like his father used to be when they were toddlers.

"Besides, don't you worry about my firm. I already asked Ritz to take care of it." Mew heard his sister sigh. He hates to scold his older sister but then he doesn't have a choice when it's for her own good.

"Ugh, you really sound like Dad." She winced. Mew could even see her rolling her eyes three-sixty degrees, and that made the young man grinned. He knew what she's been through, but ever since their father changed for the better, their family also began to turn the way they used to be.

"Well, you deserve some scolding, old lady." He laughed teasingly. Mei doesn't want to be called 'old', yet her mighty brother just broke the rule.

"D-Did you just called me--"