Chapter Seven

"Gulf, can you take care of the upcoming documents on my behalf? I need to be in the meeting room for the job interview."

"Don't worry Phi, I'll take care of everything." The young man cheerfully said.

"Thank you." Then the lady left.

Gulf just remembered that Minnie resigned two weeks ago cause she needs to follow her sister abroad. Seeing his friend leave is upsetting, however, he can't really force someone to stay. He just wished her the best at their farewell party the night before she left.

For a few seconds, Gulf thought about who would take the vacant position in their office.

As promised, Gulf took care of the documents that are supposed to be signed by his superior. He scanned, reviewed, and signed the documents before he arranged the accordingly on the table.

Gulf poured out his energy until the clock ticks at five. It's time to go home. Gulf glanced at the remaining papers he haven't checked yet and sighed. He would like to finish them but his eyes began to hurt, and his back as well.

He had just finished fixing his table when he received a call from Mew.

"Hello?"

"How's my love doing?"  His voice filled with sweetness but the young man could hear traces of tiredness.

"I'm still good. I'll just fix my desk before going home. How about you?" The younger one asked.

"Hmm, just had a meeting earlier. I don't think I'll be home on time tonight."

Again? Gulf's lips slowly drifted into a frown, but then suddenly he just silently sighed and smiled bitterly.

"Aah, don't worry I can handle myself. Maybe I'll call Jamie to join me for dinner."

"Be sure to have dinner, okay? And also you don't have to wait for me later, just go to bed and have a rest. I know you're tired."

"Hmm, understood, sir. You too."

"Copy, my love. Then, I'm gonna hang up the call. Text me when you're home, okay?"

"Okay, love you na." Gulf sighed after hanging up the call.

It's been almost a week since Mew began going home late. Gulf understands that Mew is busy since next week will be their proposal with Mr. Chiu. They barely have time at home. Mew always got home when he's already gone to sleep. When morning comes, they sometimes talk during breakfast if Mew isn't in a hurry.

"Don't worry Gulf, once the project is approved, I'm sure P'Mew won't be needing to stay late at work."  He thought to at least cheer himself. He doesn't want to be a burden to Mew, just thinking about the upcoming proposal and the duties he took while his sister is on break are already putting too much pressure and stress on him.

At this moment, Gulf could do his best to be Mew's home and comfort when everything's putting too much pressure on him.

On his way outside the building, Gulf dialed Jamie's number. The lady picked up the call after the third ring.

"Hey, Jamie, Are you busy? You know, I'm kind of craving some grilled pork and ramen tonight... Nonsense... Oh, bring your car cause I didn't bring mine, hehe. Okay, let's meet there. Bye."

After the call, Gulf grabbed a cab and went to a Korean restaurant. Just in time when he went out of the cab, Jamie arrived and parked her car. He just waited for her so they could enter the restaurant together. He thought Jamie was alone, but then the lady went out from the shotgun seat instead of the driver's seat.