Chapter Nine

Finally, the day he's been waiting for has come. It was the day of their design proposal, and Mew went off from bed before the sun could illuminate the sky. He couldn't help but be worried about the most awaited proposal with Mr. Chiu that he was thinking about even in his sleep.

Trying his best not to disturb Gulf who was still sleeping, Mew moved smoothly and quietly towards the bathroom to wash his face. Afterward, he left the room to take his usual morning coffee at his favorite part of their condo unit, the balcony.

He stayed there and watched the sun pave its way to brighten up the sky. Nothing can beat the promising scenery of sunrise while sipping hot morning coffee. Good thing, they could see the sun rising from their balcony.

The young finished half his cup when he noticed Gulf's arms embracing him.

"You're up already." He muttered and turned to face his lover. His movement was smooth when he leaned to reach his lips onto the younger one's brims.

"Good morning love." He greeted as he held back from the kiss. Gulf smiled and was now the one to kiss him.

"Good morning... I see you're up early. Are you worried about your meeting with Mr. Chiu later?" 

"Kind of, I can't really avoid thinking about it since the client seems tough this time." He replied.

"Don't stress about it much. I know you can do it, I'm sure P' Ritz and everyone in the company does." Gulf smiled to ease the worry that his boyfriend was feeling right now. Gasps escaped from Gulf when his lover suddenly grabbed his waist and drew him closer to him. Then, he gave Gulf a peck on his forehead, a sweet and affectionate one.

When Mew sipped all the remaining coffee in his cup, they returned inside and did their routines before heading to work.

"Good morning sir." Greeted the employees upon his entrance into the firm.

"Is everything ready for the meeting later? The client is expected to arrive at 9, so we should get everything ready thirty minutes before their arrival." Mew informed everyone on the design team.

"Okay sir, I'll have everything ready in the meeting hall." The employee answered and excused himself to proceed to the meeting hall.

Mew remained in his office to review the manuscript of the proposal. He was stopped when he heard knocks on the door.

"Mr. Chiu has arrived, sir." announced the secretary.

Mew stood up from his seat, took his coat, and wore it as he exited his office. He immediately went downstairs to greet and welcome their guests together with Ritz.

"It's our pleasure to have you here, Mr. Chiu." He greeted him formally and reached to offer a hand to the guest.

"Glad to see you again, Architect." The middle-aged man greeted him back and gladly accepted his hand. Then suddenly, he turned to call someone behind.

Stepping towards them is such a beautiful and elegant maiden with blonde, shoulder-lengthed wavy hair, a perfect facial symmetry or that's what they called the "golden ratio" feature with thin almond brown eyes that seemed to be sparkling when reflected by the light and a glossy red full-shaped lips and refined chin.

Ritz who was standing beside Mew totally locked his eyes on the maiden

"By the way, this is my daughter Margarette. I have her in charge of this project, soon." The maiden formally showed courtesy to Mew and also to the young who had been staring at her since earlier. Good thing she didn't notice him staring at her.

After the short introductions, the young man invited everyone to the meeting hall so they could begin the meeting. But before that, Mew secretly poked Ritz with his elbow when he noticed him spacing out.