| four

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗜𝗚𝗔𝗡

chapter four:always the babysitter

chapter four:
always the babysitter

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

THE GROCERY STORE was eerily quiet.

Well, besides the sound of the shopping cart against the linoleum floor and the pop songs that were playing from the speakers. Other than that, the grocery store was completely empty, besides for some workers, and Serenity, Steve, Robin, Dustin, and Max. (Serenity also took note how Lucas was not accounted for, which worried her, especially right now.)

It seemed like the entirety of Hawkins was on-edge and didn't want to leave their houses after the death of Chrissy. Well, Serenity couldn't blame them at all. She didn't want to go out after it, but, as always, she was always roped in to do dangerous shit.

Early that morning, Steve had picked everybody up from their houses and brought them to the grocery store to buy Eddie things to, well, survive. Serenity was in the midst of pushing the shopping cart around, glancing up at the shelves of food with Steve and Dustin. Max and Robin were on the other side of the store, getting some drinks for Eddie.

The bright lights were doing nothing for her headache. Last night, she had the worst nightmares she ever had for some God damn reason. Thankfully, she hadn't woken Steve, who had slept over last night. She also hadn't told him what was going on

Serenity gave a look to Dustin when he dropped a pack of gummy worms into the shopping cart. "Substantial food, Dustin."

"Eddie will love these," Dustin insisted. "Come on, it'll make him feel better."

She sighed. "Fine. I'm not sure if gummy worms now have magical powers, but whatever."

"Gummy worms always have magical powers," Steve replied, tossing a box of Honey Combs into the cart. "You should know this."

"Yes. You and your obsession with gummy worms has been very prominent lately." Serenity then noticed him sneaking another pack into the cart, probably for him. "Oh my God, I'm never going grocery shopping with you two ever again."

Robin then reappeared with Max, placing a pack of Yoohoo into the cart. "You guys almost done?"

"I think we have everything," Serenity stated. "Unless these two want to buy more unnecessary things."

Dustin frowned at her. "I can't believe you just said that."

She rolled her eyes and pushed the cart in the direction of the cashiers. "Oh my God."