| nine

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗜𝗚𝗔𝗡

chapter nine:serenity and steve's spot

chapter nine:
serenity and steve's spot

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

THE PREVIOUS DAY, before the panic of thinking Serenity had disappeared, Nancy had answered Eddie's call to get him more food. Obviously, the parents would be worried with their kids going out when people are getting killed — even with Serenity there — and they had to make it seem like they weren't heading headfirst into trouble and going to see a person who was convicted of murder that he didn't commit. Therefore, they had come up with a swift lie that their whole group was going to the movies.

Not that Serenity had to get permission, anyways. She had told Spencer that she was leaving. And although she really didn't want to leave her brother, considering that it was the first time she had seen him since almost dying, Serenity knew she had to go.

Nancy drove their whole group to the grocery store. Just like last time, Dustin kept insisting on different snacks to get Eddie, and Serenity didn't really have the strength to argue with him. It took a while, but they managed to get the food they needed. Now, they were driving down the windy road towards Reefer Rick's house. Serenity was sitting in the far back next to Steve, her headphones over her ears softly playing Don't Stop Believin'. Dustin was there as well, and the two were sharing a can of Pringles.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit?" Robin asked from her place in passenger seat. "'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

"It'll be fine," Nancy replied.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really, can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve cut in, holding up a six-pack.

"Don't chew with your mouth full," Serenity absentmindedly scolded, watching the scenery fly by through the window.

"That's what my mom does," Max added, and Serenity looked towards her with a frown.

"Why don't we just give it a trial run?" Robin questioned. "Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Only the bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension that we told you about, and the Gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. Like, he's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And no no, I know that you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed."