| eleven

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗜𝗚𝗔𝗡

chapter eleven:the great escape

chapter eleven:
the great escape

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

ENTERING THE UPSIDE Down version of the Wheeler house was extremely trippy. It looked exactly like it did in the real world, with the furniture and the pictures on the walls, just covered by a bunch of those stupid vines. This was the version of Hawkins Will saw when he was trapped, which made Serenity's heart sink. It was home, just a million times worse.

"Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler," Robin announced.

"Come on," Nancy urged. "I don't want to stay here longer than we have to."

Serenity squeezed Steve's hand once before following Nancy, Robin, and Eddie up the stairs. Her hand slipped out of his when he stopped on the landing, but she let him be for now, assuming that he would follow in a second or two. Serenity wanted to see the weapons that she might need to potentially use for the Demo-Bats. If only she had the spiked bat.

Nancy went into her room and immediately headed to the closet. She opened it up and pulled a shoebox from the top shelf. Nancy placed it on her desk and opened it up, but instead of guns, there were just a pair of pretty shoes. Serenity stared at them. If the Upside Down was a parallel, why weren't Nancy's guns in the box?

"Those aren't guns," Eddie stated.

"I mean, these heels are a bit pointy, but I was hoping for something along the lines of a deadly projectile," Robin added.

"I don't understand," Nancy admitted.

"Maybe you left them somewhere else," Eddie suggested.

"There's a six-year-old in the house. I know where I keep my guns. And also, I threw these away years ago."

Her eyes then focused on something on her desk. It was an index card, reading What defines the identity of an element? Nancy picked up the stack of index cards and flipped through them, revealing more questions.

"I get that grades are important to you, but perhaps studying can wait till we get out of here?" Robin asked.

"No, that's not it," Serenity cut in, her eyebrows knit in thought and confusion. "Nance, we had sophomore year chemistry together. I remember studying this shit."