| six

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗜𝗚𝗔𝗡

chapter six:coming to terms

chapter six:
coming to terms

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

MIKE WHEELER'S BASEMENT was always a place of comfort. Somehow, after everything, it was the one place they always gathered.

This time wasn't any different.

After the whirlwind of information, all of them had gone back to the Wheeler house and stayed there. Serenity — officially a dead girl walking — had secluded herself to one of the corners by the windows. All of them could tell that Serenity wanted to be left by herself and definitely didn't want to talk. And even if they wanted to — Steve especially — they left her alone.

There was a sleepless night — well, for Serenity at least. Of course she wanted to avoid her nightmares, but in reality, she was fucking scared. There was no way she could sleep after finding out she was going to get her bones snapped and her eyes sucked out.

Dying not on her terms, especially by something from the Upside Down? Count her out.

It was morning now. The others were in the main part of the living room, Serenity could hear them all talking, something about Rose and Ruth. Serenity, however, was in the bathroom, getting dressed for the day. It was surprising how much motivation she had to do so. Maybe it was because she didn't want to spend the very last day of her life feeling gross.

She let out a deep breath, looking at herself in the mirror — possibly the last reflection she would ever see of herself. Holy shit, she looked tired. Even though she had done her hair and got into a new change of clothes, everything about her just screamed hey, I'm exhausted! Dark circles under her eyes stuck out on her pale skin, and she looked shaky.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Serenity looked away from the mirror and towards the door.

"Hey," Steve's voice began. "Can I come in?"

Serenity sighed. She couldn't ignore him forever. She also didn't want to ignore him.

"Come in," Serenity replied.

The door opened, revealing Steve in a polo shirt and jeans. He looked handsome, as always. Serenity felt her heart beat against her chest. God, she was so in love with him. Serenity pushed herself up to sit on the edge of the sink as he shut the door behind him.