Chapter One

*Adrian's POV*

We all sat around a tree that had almost a bar counter look to it. Mirana and I watch as Mason and Madison run around with Bayard. "I don't know what to do if Alice never shows up, Mira. Tarrant isn't doing any better. I miss my dear friend." Mirana doesn't say anything and kisses my cheek, hugging me. 

I hear screaming and I look around quickly, drawing my sword to protect my wife. I put my sword away as soon as I see Alice fall into the flowers in the middle of the counter. I smile and kiss Mira's head, "She's back." "Alice," Bayard smiles and calls out. McTwisp smiles and hugs her, "Alice! We are glad you are finally here." 

The March Hare chuckles, "It's that girl again!" Alice looks around and smiles, then snaps her head to me, "Ari! I've missed you so much! Mother says hello!" I chuckle and hug my sister, "I miss you guys too. You have missed a lot." I move Alice's head to show her the twins. Alice gasps in excitement as the twins come barreling towards her, "Aunt Alice! Auntie Alice!" Alice giggles as Madison and Mason tackle her, "Oh brother! They are a perfect mix of the both of you!" 

"Don't be nice to her. She's late," Mally said pointing her sword at Alice. Alice frowns, "Have I come at a bad time?" Mirana sits beside me, "On the contrary, we were afraid you weren't going to show up at all. Adrian was nervous like a bunch of bumbling card painters having to listen to my sister." I pouted and crossed my arms like a child, "No I wasn't." Everyone laughed at my lie, knowing that it was the truth. 

Alice looks around, "What's the matter?" McTwisp picks up a piece of paper, "The Hatter's the matter." The Tweddles start contradicting each other, "Or the matter of the Hatter" "The former" "No the latter". I growl, annoyed with their antics, "Enough." The twins get quiet, "Sorry your majesty." Mira placed a hand on my arm to calm me down, ever since Tarrant shut us out, I've been slightly aggravated. "He's mad," The Tweedles whisper to Alice and she smiles. "Yes, I know. That's his muchness. That's what makes him so..him." Alice gets out of the flowers and adjusts her hair. "But he's grown darker, less daft. Denies himself laughter. Shut Adrian out." 

Chesh appears, "And no scheme of ours can raise any sort of smile. We rather hoped you might help us save him." Alice looked at me concerned, "What happened?" bayard looks solemn, "There was a great storm. We ventured out into the Tulgey Woods to investigate. Hatter was perfectly hatterish. Until that blue paper hat somehow put him in mind of his family's tragedy. Slain by the Jabberwocky on Horunvendush Day, many years ago." 

Mally tears up, "He's just not himself anymore." Mirana stands up and looks at Alice, hopefully, "But, if anything could bring the Hatter back, it would be seeing you again." Everyone agreed and I nodded softly, missing my friend. "Well," Alice looked around, "Where is he?" Everyone pointed to the house not far from the castle and I looked at Mira, "Have I told you that you look glowing today? Did you do something different?" Everyone giggled as they looked around and Mirana hushed them, while I sat confused, "What?"

Mira smiled and kissed my cheek, "I'll tell you later, my love." Alice looked at me, "Do you wish to come to see Hatter, Adrian?" I shook my head, "He won't see me. I miss him Alice, please bring him back to us." Alice frowned but hurried over to Tarrant's home. 

I looked around at everyone, "What aren't you telling me? Why are you giggling?" Mirana giggled and just patted my hand, "Don't worry. I'll tell you after Hatter is back to normal. He has to be here for this." I kept trying to get Mira to tell me, but she wouldn't do it. Alice came back running and looking worried, "We must do something! He's so terribly ill. I fear he's..dying." Mirana gasps as I stumble, looking torn. Mirana grabs my hands, "Please my dear, don't fret." Madison and Mason come running over, "Daddy!" I sit down and hug the twins close as everyone starts crying and Mally looks at Alice, "We can't lose him, Alice. We can't." 

"He said, to make him better, I must bring his family back. But that can not be," Alice said, looking confused and Mirana looks to the ground in thought. I look up at Mira with an idea, "Unless it could." Mirana looks at me and smiles, "You are a genius, my king. Unless there was definitely a way." Mirana and I start walking into the castle after I tell Madison and Mason to run along and find Carrie, their nanny's daughter (Who I think Mason has a crush on). Mctwisp starts to pull on Mira's dress slightly, "You mustn't. You mustn't." Alice looks between Mira and me, "What is it?" 

I smile, rolling my eyes at what I know Mira is going to do to get Alice to agree. "It is dangerous. Perilous. It is too much to ask!" Mirana says dramatically. Alice asks again, "What is it?" Mirana turns to look at Alice, "Alice, you must travel back in time. Go back into the past and save the Hatter's family." Mirana turns around and follows me up the steps. Alice looks confused. "If the Hatter's delusion is made true-" Bayard starts and Chesh finishes it, "Then he would be made well again." 

"Go back in time? But how?" Alice asks and looks at me. Chesh appears on my shoulder, "The Chronosphere." Alice scrunched up her nose, "I'm sorry what?" I turn to look at her, "The Chronosphere. The source that powers the Grand Clock of All Time. Legend has, it also lets one travel across the ocean of time, you can fit more than one, but who's counting?" Mirana stops, "None of us can use it because we have already been in the past, except Adrian. And if your past self sees your future self..." Mirana stops and looks terrified as I comfort her. "What happens?" Alice asks in concern.

"There is no history of it happening, but it is said that if it was to happen, everything would be history, "Mirana said cryptically and continues walking. Alice looks frightened, "That sounds very dangerous." McTwisp looks scared, "It is. Extremely so." Bayard looks up at Alice, "Because you are not from here, only you and Adrian can use it, Alice." 

Chesh appears by the tree Mira led us to, "It is not impossible, merely, un-possible." Alice stands in front of us, "Hatter is my truest friend. If he's in need, I will help him. No matter what." We all cheer, happy to hear what Ali is saying. "Where exactly is this Chronosphere?" Alice asked me. "In the hands of Time. It's his," I said with a smile.

 "I'm sorry. Time is a he?" Alice asked confused. I smile and roll my eyes, "You figure after slaying the Jabberwocky, you would expect everything." Mira leads everyone to a room where a grandfather clock is chained up and there are cobwebs all around, "He lives in a void of infinitude, in a castle of eternity. Through here, one mile past the pendulum." Mira waves her hand and the chains and cobwebs turn into white butterflies. 

The door face opens and we all shiver from the cold. "Find Time's castle, borrow the Chronosphere. Travel back in time to Horunvendush Day, save Hatter's family from being killed, and thereby save the Hatter." Alice said looking at me. I nod, "Sounds easier than it looks huh?" Chesh appeared, "And do try to not break the past, present, or future." I walked over to Mira, "Take care of the twins, I'm helping Alice." Mirana frowned but kissed my cheek, "Okay, love. Be careful." I nodded and kissed her lips, following Alice into the clock.

"Fairfarren, Alice, and your majesty," Bayard says. Mally speaks up, "Hatter is counting on you." Mirana waves at me, "I love you, Adrian." I blow her a kiss, "Tell the twins we are saving their Uncle, love."

Alice looked at me and gulped, walking further into the clock. 

Let's do this