15

'You are my fate this once and always

'You are my fate this once and always.'

"FUCK!", I screamed as her eyes closed.

I was too late.

I promised myself that I would keep her safe and I failed.

I thought that she would be safe but that sick bastard found her.

Her father was a well-known drug lord who was a corrupt police officer. He was also known to operate a fucking trafficking ring that bought and sold innocent women and children. We'd been trying to catch him in action for a while now but we could never find any evidence. Looking around the place, however, there was a shitload of it scattered around.

There were heaps of powder scattered across the table, illegal substances bottled up in the fridge and the worst of it all, the abuse he inflicted on his own daughter.

It made me fucking sick.

The first time I saw Liliana, I knew she was different. I didnt know how it was possible for someone to go through so much and still be such a strong, kind-hearted person.

I knew I recognised her as soon as I saw her.

Flashback

"Mamma! Mamma!", Luca shouted whilst running around the house, trying to find his mother.

After running around for what felt like forever, but in reality was only two minutes, he found her in the kitchen making sugar cookies, his absolute favourite!

"Stai bene, mio dolce ragazzo (are you ok, my sweet boy?)", she said to Luca with motherly love, dusting flour off her apron and turning around to face her son. 

He nodded with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"I made a new friend today! Shes soooo pretty mamma!", Luca said, picking up a food container and putting some sugar cookies in it. He placed them carefully into the box and then grabbed the lid, closing it securely.

His mother looked at him in confusion as to what he was doing.

"She was really upset so I came to get some sugar cookies to give to her", he explained, pulling his mamma by her hand to the park where he found the girl.

The mother and son reached the park with the eager boy gripping the box tightly in his hands. He was so excited to show his mamma the pretty girl he met and hoped that she would like her as much as he did. 

Liliana sat on the park bench, her small legs swinging back and forth. Her father was shouting at her mother again and she told her to run to the park, so that's what she did. She was fiddling with her sunflower pendent in nervousness whilst she waited for her mother to collect her.

This happened to her before. Her father would get angry at her mother and she would get told to go to the park to wait for her, but this time, Lily had been waiting for ages and was starting to get worried.