24

'When I'm with you, I feel safe from all the things that hurt me inside

'When I'm with you, I feel safe from all the things that hurt me inside.'

Flashback: TW - Abuse

"That's the little bitch. She'll be a couple of grand for the night."

Marvin chuckled. "Couple hundred at the most and I'll pay you full tonight in cash."

"Done", my father said, throwing me into the floor in front of Marvin's feet.

He dragged me into the first room he could find and tied me against the headboard of the bed. I tried to fight back but the beating my father gave me prior made my movements slow and weak.

"Pathetic little slut", he slurred, spitting on me.

I couldn't do anything but cry as he took his t-shirt off and used it as a gag, stuffing it in my mouth to muffle my screams.

"That's better", he smiled, showcasing his rotten teeth.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to think of something else.

Anything else.

My hands were tied and I couldn't move them. I tried and tried until my wrists began to bleed from the harsh tugging.

I had my eyes shut but I could feel him getting close to me. Maybe it was the horrible smell of beer he was drinking or the haunting sound of him unbuckling his belt, but I knew that he had made his way over from the other side of the room.

I heard his belt dropping and I knew what was coming next. It was the same thing that my father did to me a few days prior.

My sobs turned into chokes and I was struggling to breathe. I felt his grimy hands crawling all over my skin and I felt the need to throw up.

He ripped my shirt open and tossed it onto the ground. I felt so exposed. I couldn't do anything but pray that it would be over soon and that it wouldn't hurt as much as when my father did the same thing.

I could feel his hands on my waist and they were quickly approaching the zipper.

End of flashback

I woke up covered in sweat and tears. My arms were covered in scratches and blood was pouring out of them.

It felt so real.

It was real.

But I was safe now, right?

I grabbed the glass of water he left for me on the bed side table and gulped it down.

Getting some tissues, I gently wrapped the scratches and put my head back down on the pillow.

I tried to go back to sleep but every time I closed my eyes, the horrible memories started to flash through my mind. My eyes began to tear up and burn from the lack of sleep I've had but I was too scared close them.