42

'You are enough, a thousand times enough

'You are enough, a thousand times enough.'

I'm so fucking in love with her.

I can't even describe how she makes me feel.

It makes me so fucking angry hearing what those bastards did to her, but she's safe now. I'll always keep her safe.

I rubbed her back as she laid on my chest, it was silent but no words were needed.

A text on my phone disturbed us and without too much movement, I reached for it in my pocket and looked at the message.

It was from Stefano.

Shit.

He was asking how we were and if Lily has asked to meet him yet.

I didn't want to put any more pressure on her but also didn't want to hide the fact that her father wanted to meet her. She deserved to meet the family she had been deprived of her whole life and now that she had the opportunity to, I can't keep it from her.

"Tesoro, your fathers asking when you would like to meet him. He doesn't want to pressure you but he just wants to make sure that you're ok", I said, not knowing how's she's going to react.

"I-I think I'm ready to meet him", she whispered.

"Sei sicuro? (Are you sure?)", I asked, checking if she was really ok with it or she was feeling pressured to agree.

"You trust h-him and I trust you, so I think I'm ready", she said quietly into my chest.

"I'm so proud of you", I said, kissing her head and messaging Stefano back.

"My mammas invited us for a late lunch tomorrow so do you want me to invite Stefano and Matteo?", I asked.

"Matteo?", she questioned, looking up at me with those gorgeous eyes.

"He's your brother", I answered.

I can't believe I fucking forgot to tell her she has a brother. Judging by the small smile on her face, I could tell that she was happy about it though.

"I've always wanted a s-sibling! I can't wait to meet him!", she said excitedly, flashing me a beautiful smile.

"Well technically, you already have. He was here on the day we got attacked", I said warily.

"T-That's him?", she said, her eyes going wide.

"Yeah. I've not spoken to him much but he seems like a nice guy. You have nothing to worry about. He was actually meant to come over that evening to discuss business but I completely forgot. Grazie a Dio era lì (Thank God he was there)", I said, brushing my fingers through her hair.

I had heard all about Matteo De Campo. He's a quiet guy but you definitely don't want to get on the wrong side of him. His whole life has been about training and fighting, trying to avenge his mothers killer. He's a private person, but the empire he has built is huge and has one of the biggest undercover forces in the whole country. I knew how much he cared for Liliana though, you'd be a fool not to see it.

She gave me a small smile in return and soon her eyes began to close as she fell asleep in my arms. I followed soon after and it was the best nights sleep I've ever had.

We both woke up at around ten the next morning and I could feel the anxiousness radiating off her.

"Andrà tutto bene, mio girasole (Everything will be fine, my sunflower)", I whispered, giving her a kiss on the forehead before getting up from the table and making us both some breakfast.

"If you want to leave, just give me a sign and we'll come back home. You have no obligations to stay there if you don't want to, sì?"

When I didn't get a response from her, I turned around and I could see her staring into space, her hands fiddling around with her necklace.

"Cosa c'è che non va, amore mio? (What's wrong, my love?)", I asked, bringing my chair closer to hers.

"W-What if they don't like me? What if I'm n-not what they thought I would be like? What if he turns out like-"

"They would be stupid not to see how amazing and talented and beautiful you are. I'll be with you the whole time, non devi preoccuparti di nulla (you don't have to worry about anything)", I reassured her, passing her a plate of pancakes and a glass of orange juice.

"Really?", she asked.

"Really", I said, not a single bit of doubt about it.

"Stai bene?", she asked me quietly, looking down at my bandaged chest.

"Don't worry about me, it's only a small injury", I said, not wanting her to worry about me.

I have had plenty of minor injuries like this before; in my line of work, you have to take a risk to be able to complete the job, but I didn't want to worry her.

"Don't be s-silly! I've been so selfish, using your chest as a p-pillow", she scolded, her cheeks burning up as soon as she realised what she said.

"Baby, you can use me as a pillow anytime", I teased, giving her a wink, making her cover her face with her hands in embarrassment.

After we had eaten, I grabbed both of our plates and bought them to the sink.

Before I could even begin to wash up, her small hand touched my arm.

"If I recall, i-it's my turn to wash up", she said cheekily.

Fucking adorable.

"I didn't agree to this whole taking turns thing", I said, grabbing up the washing up gloves whilst she was distracted.

"Luca! Thats not fair!", she said, her lips turning into a cute pout.

I just shook my head and began to clean up whilst she stood there and sulked.

"Why don't you give Forza his breakfast?", I suggested, not liking the sad look on her face, even though I knew she was pretending.

"Yes! Forza! Where are you my l-little fur ball?", she said cheerfully, running around the house to look for him.

I don't think I've ever been this fucking happy.