Chapter 1:Death

It was the first day of a new semester in George East Wake High. I was at home getting ready when all of a sudden I had the strange urge to look at myself in the mirror that hung on my black stained door. I changed. Over the years as a kid, growing up... I changed. My messy gray hair that slightly covered my silvery grey eyes, My averagely slender body, I was pale and I had a face of an average looking 15 year old teen. I placed on my favourite red hoodie and black jeans. I was late for school on this cold damp Monday morning. I grabbed my bag and rushed downstairs and of course my parents were never home. They're always busy at work and sometimes I feel like a ghost living in this two story house by myself, but who cares I have this place all to myself most of the time. I snapped out of my daydream and headed for the front door. The sky was grey and I ran through my front lawn trying my best not to get mud on my new sneakers.

 I closed the gate behind me and ran to the stop light. In the heat of the moment I didn't think, I just acted. I ran across the street without hesitation, suddenly a car came speeding towards me. I had no time to react. I froze in time, then all I saw was the car coming towards me and as it hit me directly in my lower abdomen crushing it entirely, all the pain rushed through out my body. All of a sudden I saw nothing but pitch black. This is it, all my life I did nothing to be proud for and I die easily like that. because of my foolishness, I was gone. nothing but a lost soul. I screamed out in the dark, why did you do this to me? I did nothing to deserve this, so why? A few seconds after I heard footsteps coming towards me then I saw a hooded figure with a scythe coming towards me. I was a coward. My legs trembling with fear, he came closer and started to speak.

"Why are you here young one? Your time of death has not yet to come." he said.

"What do you mean? Am I not suppose to die? Where am I and who are you?" I replied shakily.

"I am the Grim reaper and I sense something special in you. I will give you a new life because you are not meant to die yet and I shall grant you with new abilities, one of them being weapon manipulation and a few others that are not to be said, but for you to figure out yourself. Before I change my mind, Do you accept this Zack?"

I looked at him as if he was insane and I shrugged "It's not like I have anything better to do here. I accept"

The Grim reaper pointed his scythe and pierced me with it and I immediately awoke in the hospital watching my mom as she cried at my side.