Chapter 3:Blade

As the darkness entered my mouth, I gasped for air. A cold chill ran up my spine as I sensed a force of negative energy in my presence. Suddenly the darkness grew more intense, crushing my lungs. Simultaneously, I turned around as his ghostly figure approached me. A sharp pain stabbed my chest as he pulled down his hood revealing his identity. Then everything went pitch black.

A few hours later...

   I woke up in my bed coughing hard wondering what happened as I stood up and look through the window I saw a dark figure tapping at my window. I opened my window and it came inside. It resembled a ninja from the golden ages. He had a Katana on his back and ninja weapons on his straps. "What a weird looking dude to be running around these streets at this time." I thought.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked

"I'm a superhero. The names blade, I sensed some strange monster readings here so I came to investigate." He answered.

"Well there are no monsters here good sir, now can you please leave my room.  I'm in the middle of something."

"Oh I see your a teenager and you need some private time. (hint hint) I understand as soon as I deal with this monster I will be out of your hair."

A few seconds later a grey gorilla burst through my window and punched me across the face. I flew back against the wall. "Son of a bitch that hurt like hell!"  I thought. I summoned my gauntlets and charged after it. I hit the gorilla hard in the stomach and punched it in the face as it hit the ground hard and loud. Blade looked at me in surprise and was in shock at my abilities.

"You have powers too kid. You're weirder than I thought, but that gorilla's not dead. It's resting its strength, we have to end it now!" He exclaimed.

"I'm not strong enough i'm already exhausted from that punch he gave me and those two punches I gave him" I said breathing heavily.

"Wow you're new to this aren't you kid."

"You could say that. Now finish him off!" 

   As Blade nodded at me, he briskly slipped out his katana. The gorilla charged toward us at a steady pace. In a flash, blade raised his sword and as the enemy approached he fired at his target. To his disgrace, the strike was futile since it was blocked by our foe, the gorilla. Blade dashed back to his original position as I stood there paralyzed in fear; I was still a coward. He gave me a brief glance and struck his opponent once more. Agony and pain filled the gorilla as the sword sliced through its neck, leaving a pool of crimson dark blood behind.

Blade looked at me and said "That was nasty, now i'm gonna have to clean my blade."

"Ummm, and you're going to have to clean this mess, but that was pretty awesome dude." I said as he pulled off his masked. I was surprised, he was young and had deep, dark brown eyes which can mistakenly be thought of black and had black spiky hair.

"Sure, sure. Hey, how old are you and what school do you go too?"

"I'm fifteen and I'm attending George East Wake High and you?"

"Really? We go the same school and i'm fifteen as well. The name's Hunter."

"Well i'm new and i'm a sophomore, class A level."

"Wow me too, well I look forward to seeing you there, oh yeah I never caught your name by the way."

"It's Zack Parker, nice to meet you." 

We fist bumped and he left without a sound.

   Well that guy was totally weird but anyways I should be working on my costume now. Recently I ordered a black spandex suit and a mask, which took forever to come, but when it finally did I worked hard on it to customize it to just the way I wanted.

I worked on the mask first and I added some white to it. When I finished, it looked kind of like a web or a spiral, it was perfect. I worked on the spandex suit next and put flames on the shoulder area, a skull on the back and a symbol Z in the front . I added some white edges around my pants to make it look like a coil wrapped around my legs. I finally decided what my name was going to be. from now on my superhero name shall be Zero.

   All of a sudden my ears started buzzing and I heard a familiar voice in my head. It was grim, he was talking to me telepathically.

"Zack, I have a mission for you. Go down to Barley Park and exterminate a wasp for me." he said.

"That's it?... A wasp? Ha, I can do that." I said and smiled.

"A gigantic wasp that feeds on humans flesh for fun." He said.

"You've got to be kidding me. Alright i'm on my way and the name is Zero." I said in a cocky tone, feeling damn proud. There was no response that means he stopped. Anyway, Barley Park is 2 miles away, son of a bitch.