Part 2

She grabbed the letter and looked at the name again. Lucian Bryonhill. Lucian Bryonhill. Loosien Brienhill. She said the name over and over again until it became unrecognizable. She swore she remembered the name, she must have heard it before. Oh well, it didn't really matter, the name wouldn't be remembered for long. She left the house and started walking through the town. She wouldn't need to start immediately, she could wander around for a while. Besides, she needed to find him first. It was a small town, and everyone knew everyone, she could probably just ask a local innkeeper. She opened the doors to the inn in the town square, the bells on the door frame ringing, drawing some people's eyes to her.

"Welcome to the Dragon's Inn! What can I get for—" The innkeeper stopped talking as he saw Verena. "Oh, it's you. What do you want then?" Verena chuckled.

"Why so bitter? Aren't you happy to see me?" She made a pouty face.

"I'm never happy to see you. All you do is come around here, scaring away my customers. It's bad for business! You're just trouble! The town would be safer without you." Verena's smile faded, and her face screwed up to make a disgusted look.

"I'm insulted. That's all I am? Trouble? Not dangerous? Vile? Not even scary?"

"Well, you're those too. Still! Just tell me what you want so you can get out of here and I can get back to doing my job." Verena smiled, and leaned against the counter, lowering her voice and getting closer to the bartender.

"What do you know about Lucian Bryonhill?" The man scoffed.

"Just as much as the next person," He pulled out a newspaper from behind the bar and dropped it in front of Verena on the counter. She read the headline. Town hero Lucian Bryonhill saves 10 from a house fire in Pryleton.

"Town hero? So he's a saint?"

"The people sure do think so." Pryleton. She thought. That's only a half-hour walk from here. She could probably nick a horse from the nearest stable and arrive there in ten minutes.

"Thanks." She said, as she took the newspaper and pushed open the door. The innkeeper didn't say anything back. She looked around for a bit until she spotted a horse carriage that seemed to be unattended. She looked to see if anyone was around, but she didn't see anyone. She used her dagger to cut the ropes that attached the horse to the carriage.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing there!" Yelled a deep voice. She looked to her side to see a big man—possibly a guard—running towards her. She flung herself over the horse and galloped away before the man could reach her. He continued to run after her, shouting all kinds of things at her.

"You get back here, girl!" She just kept riding on, until she arrived at Pryleton. Pryleton was a very classy town, and she knew she wouldn't be welcome there. The second she got into town, she was already getting dirty looks from everyone around her. She went to the first stable she saw and tied the horse there. Someone else would take care of it. Then most likely get in trouble for it being stolen. She pulled the newspaper out of her coat pocket and looked back at the picture of the Lucian boy. The newspaper had no color, so she couldn't exactly tell what color his hair was, or any of those details, but his face was quite long, and he had broad shoulders. His hair in the photo looked pretty dark, so she figured that she was looking for a brunette. She stuffed the newspaper back into her trench coat and continued into town.