Therapy

A/N: BISEXUALS COME GET YALLS DINNER

——

Bamwind had stayed at the Stylish God household for a couple of days at this point, sleeping on the couch for the duration of his stay.

He couldn't bring himself to sleep most of the time. He couldn't get over that they knew. He couldn't get over the fact that he is around his brother again. He couldn't get over that he wasn't the commander anymore.

A week after Bamburai's hospital visit, Banjex approached him, and asked him to speak in his room. As he entered the room with the now-familiar herbal scent, he felt uneasy.

"Dude," Banjex began, closing the door behind him. "You need therapy."

"Wha-" Bamwind scoffed, seeming offended. "How dare you imply that I'm unwell!? I am fine!"

"Oh my god, you are unwell. Do you think staying up most of the night is healthy?"

"I've... I've stayed up late for most of my life. It's part of the-"

"Don't give me that bullshit."

"I am not 'giving you bullshit.' I am fine."

"Answer my question."

Bamwind pondered for a moment. Sure, he needed to fix his sleep schedule, but that doesn't mean he's... mentally unwell, right?

"Well, no, but-"

"You can't sleep because your mind races, right?"

"How did you know?"

"I used to have the same problem."

"How did you solve it?"

"Weed." He paused. "And therapy. I go every Sunday."

"But... I don't want to be unwell. I don't want others to judge me."

"Jesus. Your village is worse than what Bamburai told me."

"It's not that bad."

"Not that bad!? Making someone feel that they have to exile their own brother because they found out that they loved a man is ba- wait, did Bamburai tell you that we know?"

"Yes." He felt his heart leap in his throat at the mention of what he did.

After a moment, Banjex spoke in a softer voice, sitting down on a pink bean bag chair.

"...I know what it's like to be scared. My family was homophobic, too. I was terrified that people would find out what I really was, and bully me."

"You know... you know what it's like?"

"Yeah."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"...sure?" Banjex was confused.

"What is it like... knowing what you are?"

"Well- for most of my life, I thought I was straight, then I was asexual, then I was bisexual. So I wouldn't know."

"...Bisexual?"

"Yeah, bisexual. I'm bisexual."

"What does that mean?"

"It means you can love every gender."

"That's a possibility? I've only heard of heterosexual and homosexual."

"Yeah. You can love more than one gender."

"So." Bamwind looks at Banjex nervously, calculating if it was safe to trust him with this. After a bit of thinking, he decided that it was safe. "If I loved a woman, then I loved a man, would I be bisexual? I wouldn't have to choose?"

"Sounds like it to me. You don't have to choose any gender. That's the beauty of being bisexual, man."

"I... I think I'm bisexual, then."

"That's good."

Bamwind turned towards the door, beginning to exit the room, but before he did, he turned back to Banjex.

"I might give therapy a try."