Feelings

The day after the incident, it was time for Bamburai and Bamwind to go to their session once again. Bamberly was driving this time, and looked at the road silently as she attempted not to cause an argument.

"We'll have a lot of things to tell Zetrus this session." Bamwind stated, putting his hand on the warm car window. "Last session, you didn't say anything."

"Going to that meeting exhausted me." Bamburai said. "I didn't have the energy."

"I understand."

Bamburai looked out of the window again, not feeling anything as Bamberly parked by Dr. Zetrus's house, putting the car in park as she looked at the two of them.

"Come on." She says, and they get out of the car, then walking over to the therapist's house and knocking on the door. Zetrus opens the door, Bampal on the couch.

"Welcome back, come inside." 

They walked over to the therapy room, which was filled with sunlight as they both sat down, Bamburai putting his crutches on the side of his chair.

"How are you both?"

"I'm good." Bamwind says. "I've had an interesting week."

"I don't feel that good." The other brother says, which causes the therapist to look at him. The therapist writes something in his clipboard before responding.

"Tell me. What makes you not feel great?"

"Well, I don't want to be here. I don't want to face him."

Bamwind felt his heart begin to race again.

"Why don't you want to face him?"

"Because.... because... he betrayed me. I don't like him."

"Did the two of you use your traits in common to bond, besides the meeting?"

"Well, no."

"Bamwind, how do you feel?"

"I feel..." Bamwind starts, his insecurities getting the best of him as he finds himself not able to say anything.

"What do you feel? It's okay if you don't feel good."

"I feel..." He attempts again. "I feel like... I deserve it. I did betray him. I want my brother to be okay with me."

"I... I don't know." The other brother looks at him. "I just- want to move on, but him being back has made things so much harder."

"I want you both to know that both of your feelings are valid. However, I want to explore what is keeping you both from moving on." Zetrus looks up from his clipboard. "Bamburai, I want you to go first."

"It should be obvious- I mean- he's back, after all this time. I still..." Bamburai begins to tear up. "I still love him."

"Okay. Does the fact he hurt you make you believe you shouldn't love him?"

"Ye-yeah... But why?"

"Because..." Bamwind began, trying not to tear up himself. "I'm your brother, and I love you, even if... I acted foolishly."

Bamburai didn't respond, instead pulling his brother into a hug as he cried on his shoulders. This pushed Bamwind over the edge, and he too hugged back and began crying, ashamed that another person had to pay witness to them.

Zetrus stood silent, before standing up and leaving the room, coming back with Bampal with some snacks and tissues.

Bamwind was the first one to notice, looking up at the footsteps. He spoke, not letting go of his brother.

"I'm sorry- I'm sorry for crying. I know it's-"

"You don't need to apologize. Crying is a natural response to this situation. You are allowed to cry."

"I am not-"

"Yes you are."

Bamwind didn't have a response to the situation, as Bamburai let go of him, wiping his tears.

"Bamburai, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, it's okay."

"Well, I think you two should spend more time together like this, where you both can be open with each other. I am proud of you both, this is an improvement from the last session."

"Thank you, Dr. Zetrus." Bamburai smiled shakily, as he and Bamwind exit the house, waiting some time before Bamberly pulled to pick them up.