-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

We walked with who we now knew as Mr

We walked with who we now knew as Mr. Beaver, who was rushing us as the sun was setting.

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall."

We went under a bridge, which revealed a cute dam in a little lake. "Ah, blimey! Looks like the old girl has got the kettle on. Nice cup o' Rosy Lee."

Lucy smiled at Mr. Beaver. "It's lovely."

"It's merely a trifle. Still plenty to do. Ain't quite finished it yet. It'll look the business when it is, though."

A female voice was heard coming outside, revealing his wife. "Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick! If I find you've been out with Badger again I-" she paused when she saw us, then began rubbing her fur in embarrassment. "Oh! Well, those aren't badgers. Oh, I never thought I'd live to see this day. Look at my fur. You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?"

"I'd have given a week if I thought it would've helped."

We chuckled at the comment as she rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to us. "Oh, come inside, and see if we can get you some food, and some civilized
company. Excuse the mess. Can't get Mr. Beaver to get out of his chair."

We sat down at the table inside, Lucy sitting on Peter's lap. Edmund went over to the stairs, William following him.

Alex turned his attention over to the Beavers with concern "Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?"

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's. You know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come out again."

We all looked at each other with sad expressions as Mrs. Beaver placed a plate infront of Lucy, who appeared to be too upset to eat.

"Fish 'n' chips! But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope."

"Oh, yeah, there's a right bit more than hope! Aslan is on the move!"

Edmund came from his seat on the stairs and tilted his head at Mr. Beaver. "Who's Aslan?"

He laughed as if we were joking. "Who's Aslan? You cheeky little blimer." He stopped when Mrs. Beaver nudged him, gesturing to our confused faces.

"You don't know, do you?"

Peter scoffed lightly. "Well, we haven't exactly been here very long."

"Well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The real King of Narnia!"

Mrs. Beaver nodded. "He's been away for a long while."

"But he's just got back! And he's waitin' for you near the Stone Table!"

"Hold on, he's waiting for us?" I gestures towards all of us at the table in shock. "Us?"

"You're blooming joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!"