-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

1949- The Last Battle pt 2

When I opened my eyes, the only thing I could see was a door, and something inside of me compelled me to open it. It was as if I was in a complete trance as I did so, along with the others, only to reveal a big man with a sword, a Calormene. He was trying to cut down anyone coming through.

"Hey!" I shouted at him, but he didn't answer. The Professor, Polly, my dad, the Pevensies and my siblings looked at each other confused, as he continued swinging at the door. Then this man, who we somehow knew was Tash without hearing his name, appeared from thin air.

When the door opened, a big cat ran through as if he was running for his life. Before he could be slashed, the door slammed shut.

We tilted our heads in confusion and continued to watch the door. A very nice Calormene came though, looking surprised to see us. But unfortunately, he got into a fight with another man, which resulting in killing him.

"Sir?" My dad approached him slowly, "are you okay?"

"Tash. Tash, where is Tash? I go to Tash."

He walked off, leaving all of us confused. Suddenly, Lucy gasped as a monkey flew through the door, then Tash made him disappear right before our eyes.

William pressed her into his chest as she cried for the poor monkey. As she cried, a dozen or so dwarfs came though.

The door opened again, and I gasped I watched Michael, Jill and Eustace walk through.

Edmund and I immediately ran over to Michael, who was surprisingly just as cleaned up as we were. I felt even more relief upon seeing his face, as if I was even more complete than I was when I first came through the door.

"Oh, thank Aslan, you're okay," I cried out as I took in his scent.

And there we stayed, wrapped up in each ofher's arms, until the door opened again to revel a beast we have never seen before. It had the head of a vulture, four arms, and a huge beak. It was bigger than man himself.  He was holding a much smaller creature under his arm when Peter and Alex ran to it.

"Begone, Monster! And take your lawful prey to your own place!"

"In the name of Aslan, and Aslan's great Father, Enperor Over Sea."

He vanished at Alex and Peter's demands, respectively, and the phantom like man we saw yesterday turned to face us. He took in our appearance, as if he was embarrassed of his own. The man then looked down at himself and seemed surprised that he was indeed also clean and dressed in his fine Narnian clothing. Jill approached him with a smile.