-𝚝𝚠𝚘

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛: 𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟷

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛: 𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟷

"Sires, it's imperative that we ease the tensions in Calormen."

Mr. Tumnus and Oreius called for an emergency meeting, the latter concerned because one of our gryffins informed him of them planning a possible attack on us.

"We're a newly reestablished nation, and still not fully recovered from the Battle of Beruna. How on earth are we going to ease the tensions?"

I looked over at Peter. "Maybe we could schedule some type of meeting, to sign a treaty of some sorts."

"As good as that sounds, your Majesty," Oreius began and sighed. "The Calormen people aren't known for upholding their peace agreements."

"Perhaps then," Edmund started, "We could find an alliance with Archenland. They have a very strong army, and known for being honest and gentle with their people."

Mr. Tumnus nodded in approval. "That's a very good idea, actually. King Lune is a fair man, and they had an alliance with us before the long winter."

Susan perked up. "We could invite them here to the palace! I'll work out the details,"

"I can ride over and invite them in person, as well." Alex finished Susan's sentence.

"Oh, not alone, your Majesty. Never go anywhere outside of this palace unattended. The Calormens could stoop to any level to take us over."

I raised my hand. "Oreius, you and I could go with him."

Lucy and William giggled from their seats. "And we'll stay here and play checkers."

We all looked at them and playfully shook our heads as Susan gave them a pointed look. "Or, you can help me decorate. I think it's time for you two to pull in some weight, especially you, Will, because you just turned ten. Let's say, we'll plan in for next week?"

They slumped in their seats, and we could barely here Lucy whisper out an "I told you so." To him, making us chuckle more.

"I'll send a gryffin to give them word that you'll be coming. Meeting ajurned." Peter then stood up and dismissed us, everyone satisfied with the plans we made.

"See, I told you we'd get the hang of it!" Edmund practically bounced in excitement as he walked beside me. "Archenland isn't too far, at least. Should probably only be a half day's ride."

"Yeah, shorter if we just ride the gryffins. Can you imagine? That would be funny," I trailed off, until I noticed Edmund began to walk slower. "You okay?"