-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

(Age updates: Emma and Edmund are 22, Alex and Susan are 24, Peter is 25, Lucy is 19, William is 18, Michael is 17

(Age updates: Emma and Edmund are 22, Alex and Susan are 24, Peter is 25, Lucy is 19, William is 18, Michael is 17. Also, yes I'm including Susan in this because she was done dirty and deserves better. Like damn, judging her because she likes to wear make up and go out 🤦🏻‍♀️)

1949- The Last Battle pt 1

"Edmund, Michael! Let's go or we're going to be late!"

I sighed and looked back down at my watch and impatiently back to the stairs. After a few more minutes, they still haven't come down.

"Get your asses moving, now!"

A stampede came down the steps, making me sigh again. "You're going to fall through the steps one of these days and get hurt!"

Edmund chuckled and gave me a small kiss. "Yeah right, the chances of that happening are slim to none."

I noticed his limp as he walked to the front door, making me concerned. "Is your knee still sore, Ed?"

"Yeah, it is. I'll go see a doctor Monday if it still bothers me then. I doubt it's broken, though. Maybe just a sprain from work."

"Mom! Can I drive?"

"I don't care if Aslan himself comes here and gives us a ride on his back, we have to leave!" I tossed Michael the keys, who cheered and ran over to the car.

"I can't believe Peter and Alex got a flat together," I shook my head. "That place is going to be a hot mess."

Edmund nodded in agreement. "Don't I know it. I don't think even a maid could help them."

"I hope Gramma Polly is cooking, I don't think I can eat another one of Uncle William's meals," Michael visibly shuddered as well all got in the car and drove off. "I mean, I swear. Last year's dinner was literally crawling. What was that, anyways? He said it was a tur- uh-"

"A turducken," I groaned and shook my head from the back seat. "That was pretty bad."

"I'm pretty sure it still gobbled, quaked, and made whatever noises that chickens make."

We laughed at Edmund's comment and pulled up to the flat, shocked with how close it was.

"Damn. We could have walked," Michael sighed and handed me the keys to put in my bag.

"Well, now we know for next time." I went to open my door, but was stopped by Edmund, who promptly opened it for me.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Do not touch that door handle! Remember that, Michael! Your girl never touches the door handle."