-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

For reasons beyond my comprehension, we've taken the advice of a senile old coot who doesn't possess a razor and dawdles around in a dressing gown

For reasons beyond my comprehension, we've taken the advice of a senile old coot who doesn't possess a razor and dawdles around in a dressing gown. So we're back in this tub and lost in a tempest. Brilliant. Fourteen days of being tossed like a pancake and not the slightest sign of land. The only consolation is, everyone is finally as miserable as I am. Except for that show off talking rat. He's one of those annoying glass is always half full types.

✧✧✧

"So we're stuck here at half rations, with food and water for two more weeks maximum. This is your last chance to turn back, Your Majesties. There's no guarantee we'll spot the Blue Star anytime soon. Not in this storm. Needle in a haystack, trying to find this Ramandu place. We could sail right past it and off the edge of the world."

Michael groaned from my lap and threw up into another bucket. "I tend to forget this world is flat, unlike the other world. Oh no, what if we get eaten by a sea serpent!"

I rubbed his hair comfortingly as Drinian gave him a sad smile and turned back to Caspian.

"I'm just saying the men are getting nervous. These are strange seas we're sailing, the likes of which I've never seen before."

"Then perhaps, Captain, you would like to be the one to explain to Mr. Rhince that we're abandoning the search for his family."

Drinian nodded and began to walk off. "I'll get back to it. Just a word of warning, the sea can play nasty tricks on the crew's mind. Very nasty."

Michael groaned again and heaved into the bucket. "Mind control? Like the witch?"

Edmund knelt down by us and stroked Michael's hair. "We'll be okay. Mommy and I will keep you safe."

He looked over at us, getting more pale as the days passed. He's been sick like this for the past few days, and was hardly keeping anything down. "Can I sleep with you two tonight?"

Instead of the hammocks, Edmund and I had a makeshift bed made of a single blanket on the wooden floor. It was very awkward, but it worked nonetheless.

"Of course, Mikey. You don't have to ask."

"Uncle William told me it's best if I ask just incase."

I looked over at William, who was sitting at the window seat holding back a laugh.

"Really, Will?"

✧✧✧

"I'm going to pay a pretty penny for you."

I jumped up in alarm, finding myself in a dark room with the slave trader.

"A pretty girl such as yourself? You're work a lot of money."

"She can definitely sastify your needs"

I woke up with a gasp, looking around to see Edmund, Michael, and Caspian were also awake. Lucy and William bursted into the room as well, looking alarmed.