Chapter Five

The news was playing in the background on your laptop on a separate tab as you did your homework. Keigo had left a while ago due to something happening, so you figured it might be getting reported. Suddenly you stopped working once you heard Hawks through the speakers and quickly moved to the other tab. You saw Hawks and a monster that people have been calling a Nomu in a fight; you were holding your breath, hoping everything would be alright. However, watching everything unfold with Hawks, Endeavor, and the Nomu made you anxious. Keigo was starting to look rough, and you shut your laptop quickly, unable to watch it any longer, fearing you could see something you didn't want to.

After a couple of hours, you heard knocking at your door; you had never gotten up and run to your door so quickly. You didn't know who it could be, but all you knew was that Keigo hadn't called or texted you to let you know he was alright. All you knew was that you prayed he was safe, and with that thought, you flung open your door... And there he was, Keigo. You let out a shaky breath and wrapped your arms around him, "oh, thank god," you muttered into his chest. 

"I'm okay, just a few scratches. It's not a big deal," Keigo rubbed your back. "Can I come in before someone sees me?" 

Nodding, you practically dragged him into your room before shutting the door. Then, letting go of him, you rummaged through one of your cupboards. Finally, after searching, you popped up with a first aid kit. "Sit down," you ordered, and Keigo listened and sat down on the couch. Then, pulling your chair over from your desk, you sat in front of Keigo getting bandages and disinfectant out of the box. "Hold still, this may sting, and by may, I mean it will." 

Applying disinfectant to Keigo's face, he groaned and wiggled around. Rolling your eyes, you grabbed his face with one of your hands, trying to keep him still as you continued. Once you finished disinfecting the wounds on his face, you carefully applied the bandages. It was almost like trying to care for a toddler in those moments, but you wouldn't complain. You were just glad he was okay for the most part. 

Keigo noticed how you were looking at him the whole time; it was hard not to, considering you were taking care of the marks on his face. "I'm sorry I didn't call as I said. I figured you probably had heard about everything, thought it might be better to come here." Keigo's hand found the side of your face, softly stroking your cheek, doing his best to comfort you. He felt guilty about already worrying you, but you both knew and understood what his job meant. 

"Don't worry, I'm just glad you're okay," you assured him, giving him a warm smile. 

Keigo was in awe of how strong you were and that you made him feel better with just one smile. It was more healing than any treatment. Keigo would do anything to keep you safe and happy. There were no bounds he wouldn't go to for you even though you both had only known each other for such a short time. He wondered if this was what it was like to feel love, he never knew what love felt like considering what his childhood was like. His mother and father stayed together for him; his father was a nasty man. He quickly shoved those thoughts to the back of his mind and focused on you, who was now puttering around your dorm, putting things away and tidying up. You were the light guiding him from the darkness, he was lost, but you found him as cheesy as that was. He felt like he was just Keigo and not Hawks, the number two hero in Japan. 

"Earth to Keigo," you waved a hand in front of his face snapping him back to reality. "What were you thinking about?" Tilting your head to the side with your hands resting on your hips, studying Keigo's face carefully, as if you were warning him not to make up something to tell you. You may be quirkless, but something about you was terrifying.

Keigo looked at you, "how happy I am here with you." There was no trace of playful arrogance or even trying to be flirty, it was genuine, and you felt like he was at peace with everything. Keigo leaned back, "so how about a date sometime this week?" 

A blush crept up your cheeks, and you felt flustered, "oh, uh yeah, 100%!" Keigo chuckled as you started to pout, "what's so funny?" Your arms were folded across your chest.

"You're just being adorable," Keigo wiped a tear from his eye. You were in disbelief. He was laughing so hard that there were tears, but it was also nice to see this side of him, so you let it slide. "Anyways, it's getting late. I should get going. Thanks for patching me up," Keigo says, walking over to you to kiss your forehead. 

Sighing, you nod, "just let me know when you get home this time," you say as you walk Keigo to your door. Keigo nodded before opening the door and giving you one last kiss before disappearing into the hallway. 

Closing the door behind you, you settled back down at your desk. You've got nothing to worry about, so you can get back to doing your assignment. After a couple of minutes, you heard your phone buzzing. Checking it, you saw Keigo had sent you a few messages mentioning he made it home and that he missed you already. You couldn't help but chuckle, sending a message back saying that you missed him too and demanding he gets some rest since it had been such a busy day for him. Finally, he sent you one last message telling you he was going to bed, and you leaned back in your chair, pondering if you should also be heading to bed. 

Getting up stretching, you decided to get on with your nighttime routine and hit the hay. You probably should stop missing a class or going late. Who knew you could be this responsible? You laughed as you finished your routine, got into something comfortable to sleep in, and crawled into bed. Before closing your eyes for the night, you quickly set the alarm for the ungodly hour of 6 am. As soon as your head hit the pillow, you dozed off, thinking of Keigo.