Chapter Eight

Hours passed as you were left in Keigo's apartment, waiting for him to let you know he was okay or to get back so you could stop worrying. To keep your mind from wandering to the worst-case scenarios, you decided to clean his place, even the untouched areas still perfectly clean. You made sure you didn't look at anything you shouldn't. It would be a lie to say you weren't curious about what you could find out about him, but you weren't one to get your answers by snooping around someone's home. 

After realizing you couldn't clean anymore, you sighed, sitting on the couch. You looked around the living room area for something that could distract you, but nothing caught your attention. Closing your eyes, you just focused on trying to relax, telling yourself repeatedly that he'd be fine, that he was fine and probably on his way home. 

Hearing the sliding door open, you quickly looked in its direction. You felt yourself finally relax as you saw Keigo, who looked unscathed. It felt embarrassing as you scrambled and wrapped your arms around him; he was barely in the apartment. But you didn't care; you could finally not worry; he was home and safe. If someone told you, you'd care for someone this much in such a short time, you would've called them insane. 

"Woah, you okay?" Keigo was taken aback by how quickly you had gotten to him; he also could tell something was bothering you. "Also, I don't remember this place being so... Clean." He looked around the room and saw it practically sparkled with how much you cleaned. "I think I could eat off the floor. It's so clean."

Leaning into his touch more, you mumbled, "I kind of got carried away." You heard Keigo chuckle, making you look up at him. He looked so peaceful and genuinely happy, a look you only ever saw when he was with you.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." Keigo stroked your hair as he swayed a little with you in his arms. "You've been too good to me today," he murmured into your hair. A scarlet feather detached from his wings, pushing your hair out of your face. You couldn't help but smile as you felt it brush against your skin softly. Keigo truly appreciated you and everything you've done for him in such a short amount of time; he enjoyed that he got to come home to you.

Leaning back, you smiled at him, "unfortunately, I've gotta get going; I promised Haru I'd go out tonight." 

Keigo groaned as he let you go, "alright, text me later?" You nodded, kissing him on the cheek as you gathered your things. 

Once leaving Keigo's apartment, you went home and got ready to go out with Haru. The night was excellent. You and your friends went clubbing, and you texted Keigo keeping him updated every couple of hours and sending him goofy selfies. Finally, the night came to a close; you uber home and let him know you got home safely. 

Things were good; it had been a couple of months since you and Keigo started seeing each other, and you wouldn't trade it for anything. He was your person, someone you could call home, and you were that same person for him. Each date seemed new and refreshing; you weren't ever seen in public together, just in case his fans or villains were around; he wanted to keep you safe and away from prying eyes. He didn't want fans to make ugly posts about you or for villains to use you to get to him, he truly cared about your safety and well-being. You two recently put a label on your relationship; you both were serious about each other after all, so why not?

You two were lounging around on his couch, talking about silly things; you asked him if he'd still like you if you were a worm. He chuckled at such a goofy question and kissed your cheek. 

"I'd still love you if you were a worm," Keigo laughed heartily.

You froze in your boyfriend's arms; did he say he loved you? You wouldn't lie. You were in love with him too, but you were expecting you to be the one to fumble and say you loved him first. Finally, you gained the courage to look at him, your cheeks a bright shade of pink. "I love you too," you smiled at Keigo with the biggest smile you could muster.

Keigo took your hand, "you know you should move in. You spend all your time here, and most of your stuff is here now." He cleared his throat, trying not to act nervous that he had just asked you to live with him. He covered his face slightly with his free hand, trying to hide the blush that crept onto his cheeks.

"Is the Hawks embarrassed about asking his girlfriend to move in?" You teased the flustered man. But, of course, it wasn't every day that you had the chance to see him flustered; after all, it's usually you whos flustered by him. "Also, I'd love to move in with you," you gave his hand a reassuring squeeze; you knew this was a big deal for him. "Who knew confessing you love me and asking me to move in, sure move fast." 

"Oh, shut it," Keigo rolled his eyes. He couldn't lie. Hearing his hero name falling from your pretty little lips was amazing, but it doesn't compare to the taste of heaven when you called him Keigo.

He pulled you closer to his chest, resting his head on your shoulder and placing a soft kiss on the exposed skin of your neck, causing you to stiffen. You weren't used to those little kisses, those touches. Sure, you've had relationships before him, but the touches and kisses never came from someone like him. It felt like your heart could jump out of your chest. Keigo noticed how rigid your body had become and leaned back, loosening his grip on you.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. 

You shook your head, "no, there's no need to apologize. I'm just not used to being with someone so perfect." You blurted out. Keigo's face changed slightly once he heard the word perfect as if it hit him in the face. Of course, he was far from perfect, but he gained his composure and smirked at you wanting to hide his dislike for that word. If you wanted to think that for now, he'd let you because, to him, it was you who was the perfect one. Even with what you knew about his past and the pieces of what he's had to do in his field of work, you thought he was perfect.

As the night went on, you two talked about how your week was, ordered take out and watched cringy TV. There was nothing else you'd want to do; you two fit together like puzzle pieces.