Part 1

(Edric's POV)

I was late. Again. My alarm didn't go off and Emira didn't wake me up. I jumped off my bed and put on my uniform and concealment stone while eating a cookie as breakfast, then I put my boots on while brushing my teeth— probably not the best idea but I had no time— and grabbing my bag and glasses
I ran through the woods, dodging tree branches and jumping over bushes.

I was still far from school. I heard someone shout my name from above and I looked up, to see Hunter on his palisman, flapjack, waving at me, a smile on his face.
"need a ride?" He asked arching a brow.
I smiled at him and nodded as he flew down so I could get on the staff behind him. I put my arms around his waist as we took off, hoping he wouldn't notice how red my face and ears were.

*at school*

We fast-walked into school and and down the halls while I tried getting some leaves out of my hair and clothes— as much as I could anyway. We stopped outside of my first class, illusions, since it was on the way to his class.
"See ya later" he said, with a wink walking away to his class.
"See you" i said blushing a little again as i turned to walked inside.
I went in and sat next to Emira with a sigh. She looked at me with a worried smile.

As the teacher started the lesson, i was swallowed by my thoughts. I realised I had a crush on him for a few months now, but I could never tell him. He's my closest friend, other than Emira and Mittens.

I sighed. I needed to get Hunter off my mind.

My thoughts were interrupted by Emira grabbing my glasses and everything going blurry.
"Hey!" I yelled

I looked up and the teacher was glaring at us. I apologised really quickly and he turned back to writing in the board.

"Sorry. the teacher called your name a few times but you weren't answering." She whispered handing me back my glasses,"you ok? You seem sad"

"I'm fine" i lied. She furrowed her brow concerned, giving me her 'I know you're not ok' look. "I'm ok, just tired from having to run most of the way here" i said, sounding annoyed. I was only half lying, It's infuriating she didn't wake me up when she didn't see me getting ready.

I was also annoyed but mostly surprised at that Mittens didn't wake me. She's usually the responsible one.

Em looked at me apologetically with a hint of amusement. She could tell i wasn't telling her everything but decided to leave it alone for now.

The bell screamed and everyone left for their next class.

*Time skip to lunch*

I went to my locker to leve my books and get my food. When I closed it, I was greeted by magenta eyes looking at me, accompanied by a smile. Hunter was leaning against some of the lockers next to mine, holding a bag of food in one hand. Flapjack rested on his fluffy, ash-blonde hair.

"Hey" i said, smiling back at him and getting my food from my locker quickly.

"Hi Ed" he answered, " let's go eat, Im starving"

We walked to our table where Emira, Viney and some other friends were sitting already, eating and talking. We sat and joined the conversation.
Me and Hunter talked to each other the most as usual. He told me about his day and some teachers being boring.

He looks really cute with Flapjack like that.

I was telling him about my boring day and something funny that happened, when i noticed he wasn't really paying attention to what I was saying and instead, he looked... nervous? He seemed really nervous and bit flustered too. He shifted on his seat and his foot was tapping on the floor.

"Hunter?"

He opened his mouth to say something but the decided on not doing it. His gaze shifting around from my face and whatever was behind or next to me, avoiding my eyes almost entirely.

I turned my head to find Luz, Gus, and-

Oh

Her.

There she was. The reason for Hunter's nervous behaviour. Willow Park.

I felt my heart break a little and want to cry, I also wanted Willow to disappear forever, but i felt stupid for feeling that way too.

He could never like you. You're not her.

A/N
Hi
This is the first story I write so I hope you enjoyed reading it :)
Btw, the stuff in italics is like their thoughts.

Edit: I started going through my writing and started changing it a bit because I didn't like what it said before. These are mostly minor changes so don't worry. Hopefully the new version sounds better