Part 7

(Edric's POV)
*2 days later on Monday*

I woke up today feeling determined despite my nerves. I didn't see Hunter since he left my house after our sleepover since he had flyer derby practice. I took this as my chance to prepare how I would tell him. I asked Em for some advice and by the time we finished setting things up I was worried that it'd be too much and it'd scare Hunter away. But Em reassured me that he would love it.

As I was getting ready for school, Hunter texted me asking me if I wanted him to pick me up with Flapjack and go together. But I replied saying Em and Amity wanted to talk so I would walk with them.

The truth was I didn't want to spoil the surprise I planned last night, and if he came to my house he would see it since it's in the forest.

Em and i walked together to school talking about whatever came to our minds. I missed when we did this. Just talking to each other about anything.

As we were arriving at school, I saw Hunter and Willow talking and laughing. He looked so happy. Much happier than he does when he's with me. My nerves came back stronger and i started breathing faster.

"Ed? Ed?! Are you ok?! Breathe!" Em exclaimed as she tried to help.

Then she looked in the direction I was looking to see what caused this. "Ed it's ok," she put a hand on my shoulder, "they're just close friends, and remember he told you Willow has a crush on someone else"

"Thanks Em. Reminding me of that really helps," I said, "I'm going to talk with him now, so I'll see you in class?"

"Yep. I'm meting Viney inside so see you in a bit"

"Say hi to her for me" I shouted as she was walking into the building and I walked towards Hunter and Willow

"I will" she waved back.

I noticed there were still 15 minutes until class started so I have time to ask him to "hang out" later.

"Hey guys" I greeted them

"Hey Ed" answered willow with a smile

"Hey broccoli" said Hunter and I glared at him while I blushed a little.

The three of us talked for a few minutes and Willow said she needed to go for some books before class. We said bye to her and I took this as my chance to ask him. We talked for a bit before I said "hey blondie, do you want to come over later?"

He smiled and said, "YES"
He seemed very excited.

"Alright, tell Luz and she'll give you something from me"

"What? What will it be? What for?" He was really confused, and he did that little head tilt that he does that makes him look adorable. I blushed once again.

"It's a surprise" I said winking. This time he blushed a little and looked to the side.

"We should go now or we'll be late" he said

"I wish we could just skip school completely. It's so boooring" I said as we walked in to our first lesson together.