Serial Killer

It's been 2 months since I started my job at the police station, I've been with George ever since, we didn't label our relationship and we hadn't even told anyone from work, but we knew it was getting harder and harder to hide and we arrived together every day. We'd alternate days between the hotel and his place, but we just haven't slept apart since.

I made friends there, our team was close and amazing, Sara became my best friend, and it hurt me not to be able to tell her about everything.

Me and George's ratings couldn't have been better, we were quite the duo, and I loved our partnership. We arrived for another normal day at work, and as I poured myself a cup of coffee, Grasser hurried by, slamming his hand on the common room door.

"Auditorium in 5 minutes, it's urgent."

We all looked at each other, no one really understood, but I finished my coffee in a hurry and went to the auditorium, which I had only seen on my first day tour. Arriving there were other teams from the police station, some people I had never seen in different uniforms further on, and Bruce was in the pulpit.

"We need to talk about the Serial Killer case, that is keeping our community awake at night, he's been acting for a while, the special crimes division has been working on the case for a while, and he asked for our help. He acts every 3 months , kidnaps a blonde woman, of small stature, who attend gyms, and after 1 week he gets rid of the body in the vicinity of the city. Special crimes received the information of which gym he will look for his victim and that it will happen tonight. "

Banner finished speaking and walked to the middle of the room.

"We would need a volunteer police officer to be our bait and finally catch him."

"I will go."

I spoke without even thinking, it made sense to me and I would love to help catch a serial killer.

I felt a tightness in my leg, I looked and it was George's hand, squeezing me, his eyes were red and he looked nervous.

"No, you won't."

George spat out the words.

I widened my eyes, and looked at him frowning, as he dared, and making this show off in front of everyone.

"It's too dangerous, it's not safe."

He tried to fix it after noticing that all the cops in the room were looking at him.

"She is your partner George, not your property. Miss Nina Colin is fully capable of this mission, and I appreciate your ready availability, Miss Colin."

Grasser said clearly lecturing George for the comment.

"Great Miss Colin, Special Crimes will have you covered by late afternoon, and the operation takes place tonight. As Miss Colin has volunteered her team will assist in the case, the others are dismissed, but stay in touch. alert as we may need reinforcements."

Banner handed us the case files, and took us along with the special crimes to a nearby room, where there was already a board with lots of photos and information.

The photos of the bodies were shocking, the guy who did this was certainly a monster, it made me even more thirsty to get him.

We spent the morning studying the case, I really fit the pattern in victims perfectly, but George's reaction still bothered me, I needed to talk to him about it. We took a lunch break, and everyone went to the lockers to get their things and we would all have lunch together, while they left I went to a small balcony in the living room and motioned for George to come with me, he closed the balcony door already sighing.