The Discovery

A few weeks went by and I kept forgetting that I had just broken my leg, I didn't have any trauma or sequelae, the cases at the police station were going really great, and even though I was very afraid to take the big step of going to live with George, definitely was great for our relationship and made everything easier.

On a seemingly normal morning, even before going to the police station we received a call from Grasser to go to a crime scene, this was very strange as we always stopped by the police station to receive the briefing, I should have suspected that day would be at least different.

I didn't imagine what was coming.

We arrived at an old and very tall building in the center of the city, the body was on the eighth floor, and when we entered the loft, all glazed and with everything open, I already realized that it was a different case. There were a lot of police there, the whole team was there, more officers and even Grasser and Bruce were there too. John was leaning over the body as usual.

"Why all these people here?" George asked approaching our team and the body.

"Orders from above. Big case." Bruce said as he covered the phone with his hands, and after saying it, he returned his call.

I approached the body, I wanted details and I could read a crime scene like no one else. John slowly pulled away to show the body, and when I turned my eyes to him, I just froze.

My breathing became labored, as if I had been running a marathon, my heart was pounding so hard I could see the beats through my shirt, my legs shook and failed causing me to fall to my knees right there, I knew that feeling very well, I was in a panic attack, more specifically a post-traumatic stress crisis.

I could hear a voice in the background, but my eyes were unfocused and my brain was off. The voice was George's, he took me by the shoulders and tried to get me back to myself, after calling many times, he succeeded. I got up with his help, everyone there looked at me without understanding, and I knew what I needed to do. I took George by the shoulders, calmed down, caught my breath and prepared to speak.

"Are you okay? What happened?" George asked me completely confused.

"I'm not fine, but I hope I will. That's not important right now, it's important that you listen to me." I said making him pay attention on me.

He was completely confused by what I just said. But I continued.

"You need to understand that I love you, and much, more than I ever imagined loving anyone. I never pretended anything here, this is all real, we are real, but you are about to know the dark past that I told you about. I didn't want it to be like this, I wanted to be able to tell you... For all of you..."

I turned to the team who were staring at us completely speechless, as was everyone else there.

"Otherwise, but I can't, I just hope you forgive me."

I pulled away from George and grabbed my cell phone, I needed to make a call. Called and he answered right away.

"Hi... They killed him... I don't know.... Helipad? This building is old, it shouldn't have one... Maybe the one in front, but this is downtown, somewhere nearby has one... I'll wait."

What was confusing just got worse. No one dared to ask anything, I turned to the body.

"John, please, does the body have marks on the wrists and ankles? Like it was tied up?"

"What's up?" George held my wrist, looked me in the eyes, but I couldn't speak yet, I shook my head and turned to John.

John pulled the long sleeves from the male body that was on the floor, he was an Arab-looking man, he had long hair and beard, and the cuffs had tying marks. Not only him but everyone in the room was surprised and it was even more so when his ankles had the same marks.

"And there's a gunshot mark on his stomach? Next to the umbilical scar?"

He lifted the man's shirt, and there was the mark.

"It's in the same place as your gunshot. Nina, what's going on? Who is this man?"

George asked me with confused eyes.

I just nodded in agreement.

I ran my hand over my hair and neck, trying to calm myself down, but before any other question could be asked, the floor of the place was taken over by the sound of strong footsteps. Some officers came out to check what it was, the tension in the place only increased, until the steps reached the place we were. It was an entire team of men dressed in black, completely covered and armed, heavily armed. They walked in without saying anything and pointing their guns at everyone there, they just checked their IDs, everyone but me pulled out their guns and pointed them at them, but I knew what it was.

"All clear, voice present the King."

They made room, and he arrived, imposing, completely sure and confident as ever. His straight, fine, brown hair was combed back, and his wide jaw and thick eyebrows made him even more serious and authoritative, he had on another one of his expensive suits, completely lined and perfect for his body, he saw me and opened a wide smile.

"And the Queen."

Soon after, she came, beautiful as always, curly and lined up hair, she was wearing a feminine suit, also expensive and neat, her blue eyes were adorned with makeup and her thin lips had a red lipstick, which gave even more power.

Without even thinking about running into his arms first, I hugged him and sank there, I wanted to freeze that moment forever. He kissed the top of my head and I squeezed even tighter.

"Dad, I missed you."

"Hey."

She said waiting for me.

I hugged her too, and opened one of my arms for him to enter too, our famous triple hug. She kissed me on the cheek and then wiped away the lipstick mark.

"I missed you too, a lot."

I turned around and every face in the room was completely scared and confused, I would have a lot to explain.

"Dad?"

The voice was George's, and I knew he had more reason than anyone there to be confused.