don't stand so close to me - chapter 7

"So you guys got pizza and he just...had you take him home after?" Jess asked.

"Yup. No hug or kiss or anything. We played dodgeball, got pizza, and then he said he needed to get home to play some game with Abed," I groaned, grabbing a spoon to mix my cookie dough.

"Well, if you're ever in dire need of some extra love and affection, I'm sure Connor can provide it," she teased, hopping up onto my counter.

"Because I would totally let that happen," I rolled my eyes, reaching for the chocolate chips next to Jess. "I don't know. I don't think he really enjoyed our date."

"You mercilessly hit a child full force in the face, and he laughed about it. I'm sure he enjoyed it," she sighed, "Has he texted you at all?"

"Nope. I texted him this morning and last night with no replies," I started plopping balls of cookie dough onto my baking sheet. "How many cookies do you guys need for your party?"

"Oh, I don't know. There are supposed to be around seventy people there. So, a few dozen? Maybe? I don't know," she said.

Jess and Garon were throwing a party for their engagement. Somehow, I got volunteered to make cookies for it. They were going to pay me for them, so it wasn't too bad of a deal.

"I have five dozen done already, I'll just make another three and bring them over after I'm done. Am I good to show up around seven?" I asked.

"Yeah, for sure. Most people will show up a bit later than that. At least you can help me set stuff up," she shrugged, taking a spoon a scooping a piece of cookie dough out to shove in her mouth.

"You're disgusting. I'll finish up the cookies and head over. You, get out of my kitchen and get home," I laughed as I pushed her off of the counter.

"Fine, fine! I'll see you later," she gathered her stuff and left.

Since I had already made enough dough for the last bit of cookies, it only took a little over an hour to get them baked and packaged up to go. I still had a bit before I had to head over to Jess and Garon's place, so I figured I would get ready here since I'd be stuck helping over there.

I turned the shower on and checked my phone while I waited for it to heat up. I had a few unread texts, so I scrolled through my notifications.

Mom: Hey Honey When Ar...

Not interested.

Jesssss: Don't forget to dre...

I'll look at that later.

Connor Davison: Heyyy wyd ton...

"Absolutely not," I groaned to myself as I swiped it away. A text from Troy popped up just before I set my phone down. I smiled, quickly opening the text.

Troy Barnes: Hey, I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back

                             to you yet!! I had so much fun with you:-)

Me: oh no worries ! we should totally hang out again:)

Troy Barnes: Definitely. How does tonight sound?

Me: i'd love to but i have my friends engagement party:(

                                                                                   oh ! do you wanna come with? i'm sure she'd be fine w it

Troy Barnes: Sure! Can you pick me up again

Me: yeah lol I'll be over in like...2 hours. gotta get ready.