take me home tonight - chapter 9

Jesssss: You remembered to wear cute underwear right?

Me: uhh duh. im not stupid

Jesssss: Good. Can't have you lookin like a grandma if things escalate lmao

Me: thaaaaanks

Jesssss: Just looking out for you!

I laughed and set my phone back down on my desk, waiting for Troy to get done with his study group. I got the okay to leave work early, so as soon as he was done, I was going to go ahead and snag him. We had decided to grab some food on the way back and watch movies tonight.

"I'm heading out since we aren't busy, have a good night," Connor slapped the edge of my desk and waved as he began to walk out.

"Actually, I'm about to head out. Ally is going to be here in about an hour. You'll have to stay until she gets here," I called out to him. He stopped, slowly turning back around.

"Really? Why can't she come in now?" he asked, not stepping any closer.

"Because she isn't scheduled to come in for another hour. You can use my desk. Everything for the day is done," I got up and motioned for him to sit. He groaned and walked back in, plopping into the seat. "Thank you, Connor. Have a great weekend."

He nodded, getting on his phone as he waved me away. I went and waited in the hall, just out of his sight so he wouldn't be able to throw a fit about me not leaving yet. I was off the clock, so it's not like I was stealing company time. I just wanted to avoid making him mad again.

I scrolled through my various social media accounts, trying to find something interesting while I waited. I kept looking at the time, wishing it would move faster.

Troy Barnes: Sorry we're almost done, did you leave?

Me: nah im just in the hallway

Troy Barnes: Cool cool cool I'll be out there in a few minutes

Me: okay: )

I double-checked my bag to make sure I had everything before sliding my phone in. The familiar feeling of butterflies fluttering in my stomach made me smile. A few minutes later, Troy's head popped around the corner. His eyes lit up when he saw me, and he jogged over to where I was.

"Are you ready for the best night ever? I grabbed a few movies from Abed's collection. He doesn't know and we have to be really careful. If we break them, he'll probably hate us forever," Troy explained. He pulled his backpack in front of him, opening it to show me a stack of DVDs.

"I am so ready," I laughed. He smiled and threw his backpack over his shoulder, and we went to my car.

I picked up some Chinese food on our way, making sure to get extra fortune cookies. They were the best part after all. When we got to my apartment, Troy helped me carry the food up. When we got in, he looked around for a moment before setting the bags down on the table.

"This place is really nice. But why are the walls so boring? You should hang some pictures and posters up," he motioned around the room.

"I've never really been a picture person. Or a poster person," I shrugged, "I'm going to go and get changed really quick. Do you want a pair of sweats to wear or anything?"

"Oh, I brought some! I figured you wouldn't mind," he said, reaching into his bag and pulling out a pair of black sweatpants. I went to my room and changed into some pajama pants and a t-shirt, coming out right as Troy came out of the bathroom.