Prologue: Chapter 0

A young boy looked out the window of his home, the dark clouds that drifted towards his town implying that it was going to rain, people still going on about their day.

His heart began to feel as if it was shriveling up from within, this knowing feeling of sadness overcoming him for an unknown reason. His head began to feel pained as his thoughts would not stop yet he didn't know why exactly.

He felt alone, distant from the others as they were happy with the lives they were living while the nagging feeling of being trapped followed the young boy in a state of loneliness.

Though he wasn't alone he couldn't help but feel the despair of what being alone would feel like as he believes that's what his future withholds.

The world he lived in was one that was controlled, giving him no power to fight back and be forced to abide by the rules that were placed for his safety. His heart yearned for something in place of his loneliness. He craved for something diverse from the others around him, something unique, but he couldn't quite grasp what he wanted entirely.

As his eyes wandered his gaze landed on a pair of giddy boys, their laughs echoing through the thin air as their arms hung around one another's shoulders.

He watched as they walked along the sidewalk, the boys sharing a fond gaze with broad smiles before taking off in a sprint.

The rain began to pour down hard but that didn't remove the grins their features held, in fact, it only made them grow.

The boy behind the window cracked a smile, subtle, but there. His eyes were still engraved into their bodies all while questioning how friends could be so intimate. That was if they were even friends.

It sparked something in the young boy, his heart pounding at a faster pace than it was moments ago while his fingers made way to fiddle with themselves.

His pupils dilated when the taller of the two boys removed the drenched hair from the other's face before planting a quick kiss on his forehead causing him to disperse a series of giggles before bringing the other into a tight hug.