"It's looks really good on you, V."

Narrator

Everyone went their separate ways around 1:15am. João put Val to bed, and Roman went back to his room. João wanted to say with her but she didn't want him seeing her dying. It's now 5:00am and Val is pacing around her room. She woke up about ten minutes ago and for some reason she really wants to see João.

She's pretty much sober at this point. She ate all her food, drank coffee, water, threw that all up, then slept. Now she just has a headache. Val remembers everything that's has happened, she especially remembers João and her being inches away from kissing each other. She's convinced herself she can't go to sleep without seeing him.

Val stops walking and stares at her door. "Should I? He's asleep-I don't want to wake him up."'she bites her lip anxiously. "You know what, fuck it." Val grabs her phone, key card, stuffed bear he bought her, and walks out her room. 

She reaches his room and hesitates to knock. Val stares at the door for a good minute before knocking once. She doesn't expect him to answer due to the fact that it's 5 in the morning. She turns to walk away but João opens the door.

His hair all messed up and covering his eyes, no shirt on, and pajamas pants. She freezes and looks him up and down. He rubs his eyes, "V?"

She gets butterflies from the name only he calls her. "Hi."

"Are you alright?"

"I can't sleep..."

He grabs her hand and pulls her in his room. The door shuts behind them, Val trying to hold back her smile, and João trying to act like this is no big deal. "You can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch."

She climbs in the bed and João lays down on the couch. As Val attempts to get comfortable she stares at the ceiling.

Five minutes pass and she finally gives in. "J...?"

"V"

"Would-could you-can you sleep in the bed with me?" Val huffs anxiously, annoyed with herself.

João pops up with a bright smile on his face. He coughs, trying to keep his cool, "you sure?"

"Mhm"

João gets up, and practically skips over to the bed. He climbs onto the bed, and attempts to get comfortable. He rolls back and forth, sighing after each roll. "Ughhh," he sighs again, trying to get her attention.

"João, I swear. Just put your arm around me already." Val states, struggling to hold her laugh back from how utterly ridiculous he is.

"If you say so," he scoots close to her and places his arm around her waist, a bright smile forming on his face. He relaxes and so does she. João and Val both close their eyes and slowly begin to fall asleep.

~

João wakes up to the sound of the Tv and light taking over the room. His eyes flutter open and they land on the empty spot that Val once filled. "V?" He says, his voice raspy and deep. "You here?"

Her head pops out from the bathroom, "hi." She smiles at him, hiding the rest of her body behind the door.

"You're still here?"