Chapter Three

"Neteyam!"

Neteyam quickly grabbed his bow as the doorway to his hut was opened.
He stood from the floor, grabbing his bow.
"What is it?"

Efio pointed to the cliff, a Metkayina standing by it. Surrounded by forest Na'vi.
Neteyam sighed, running towards the group with Efio behind him.

"You can go, it's safe."

The forest Na'vi around him nodded, setting down their weapons and walking to their earlier tasks.

Neteyam smiled, recognizing the Metkayina diver. Though he looked more like a warrior.
"Tawìpìr, you have grown."

The Metkayina had his brains pulled up into a bun, muscles showing through his cloak.
Much different than the frail teen Neteyam had seen in the reef clan.

The young boy smiled, clashing hands with the new chief.
"As have you."

Neteyam stepped back, turning his head to Efio.
"Have Gu'man take over my patrol. I will be fine."

Efio nodded, giving Tawìpìr one more glance over before walking off. Quickly disappearing into the trees.

Neteyam turned, the Metkayina walking by his side.
"What brings you here? It is a long journey."

Tawìpìr smiled, scratching the back of his head.
"Back home, they are worried. Your reports have stopped coming."

Neteyam stopped as they got to a grove of trees, leaning against one. Tawìpìr did the same, some feet in front of him.
"There has been much work. Many sky-people to deal with. I couldn't send a warrior away at the time."

Tawìpìr nodded, looking throughout the forest.
"They miss you. Will you return soon?"

Neteyam frowned, sighing. He walked forward, an arm draped around Tawìpìr's shoulders. Leading him through his clan.
Their new home.
"I have thought on it. I do wish to return, but it is difficult. My people have a new home, many strong warriors, wise elders. But, they still need a leader."

Tawìpìr followed Neteyam's hand as he pointed to a warrior who was feeding the Ikran's.
A younger female warrior beside him, both smiling.

The male looked older. Fit. Three braids tied into one. His body having a generous amount of muscle. A visor sitting on his head.
The female, had short hair, braids on her scalp only.
Her body toned.

"That, is Gu'man and Hi'ná. Hi'ná has been a warrior as long as I have. Gu'man was made a warrior a month after my family's departure."

Neteyam turned to Tawìpìr, smiling.
"They will report to me and every few months, I will come home. As their Olo'eyktan."

Tawìpìr furrowed his eyebrows, taking a step back.
"Come home? Come back?"

Neteyam laughed, tilting his head as he smirked.
"Rest for the night, we leave at dawn."

Tawìpìr smiled, racing after Neteyam towards his hut.

°^°^°^°^°^°

Aonung carefully help his mother wade in the water, Lo'ak and Tsireya a few feet from them on the shore.
"Are you sure this is smart, mother?"

Ronal laughed, nodding as she placed a hand on the top of her stomach.
"This child has been in me far too long. I am ready."

Aonung nodded, only smiling as they walked back to shore.

He dried himself off quickly, turning to see his father and the others already waiting.

They would take a group, searching far islands for an herb Ronal had requested. Telling it helped with childbirth.

The Sully's, Tonowari, Rotxo, and Aonung would go. Tsireya would go to be with Lo'ak, hoping this trip would allow them to get the privacy they needed.
Aonung turned to his mother, smiling as she wrapped her arms around him.
"Be safe."

Aonung nodded, walking off to the others. He would travel on his new skimwing.

He turned, smiling at his mother before taking off. Following his father and Jake.

They reached a far islands, the mountains around them clouding their vision.

"I can't see the reef!" Tuk exclaimed, jumping to try and see over the mountains.
Netiryi laughed, placing her on Jake's shoulders. Making him stumble.

"They're to wide, Tuk." Kiri laughed.

She squealed as Rotxo did the same to her, carefully holding her by the thighs as she stretched out her arms.

Lo'ak and Tsireya laughed, shaking their heads as they set up their beds.

Aonung sat on the sand, his father soon joining him.

For the most, they sat in silence. Neither saying a word, opting to enjoy the wind.

"Your mother is worried about you."
Tonowari spoke, unknotting a net to catch the night's dinner.

Aonung turned his head, quickly doing the other side.
"Why?"

Tonowari smiled, picking up a new knot.
"We knew you cared for him, Aonung. We did for some time."

Aonung flushed, quickly flinging the net into the water, holding it so he could feel the pool of fish.
"I did, I do."

Tonowari smiled, helping Aonung bring the net into land. Taking out his knife to clean the fish.
"She is worried that you will leave if he doesn't return."

Aonung scoffed, shaking his head as he skinned the dead fish his father would hand to him.
Soon, falling into a fast rhythm.
"I want him to come back. But if he chooses not too, I will respect that. And he will not expect me to leave either. We know of the duties we both have."

Tonowari smiled, slightly slapping Aonung's arm as he picked up the fish. Walking them over to the lit fire.
"Wise words. Your mother will be pleased."

Aonung smiled, turning to clean his hands in the water.
He frowned as he stared at his reflection, images of Neteyam flashing through his head.

He wouldn't leave. Would he?

Angel's Return (A Neteyam and Aonung Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara