Chapter Nine

Neteyam slowly knocked on the metal door, crossing his arms as he waited.
In seconds, the door was opened, Norm standing there with a smile.
"Neteyam, need something?"

Neteyam let out a nervous chuckle, rubbing his hands together before looking around.
"Yeah, actually."

Norm noticed the odd behavior, quickly pulling Neteyam inside. He sat him down in the back, hidden by Graces Avatar.
He stood Infront of Neteyam, looking up to see nervous eyes.
"What's going on, kiddo?"

Neteyam sighed, pulling a chair to Norm with his tail.
Norm got the hint, quickly sitting down to listen.

°^°^°^°^°^°^°

"Nauseous, exhaustion, cramps, mood swings, loss of appetite.."
Norm carefully repeated, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.
"Neteyam, I'm sorry, but those are common symptoms of pregnancy."

Neteyam sighed, laying back on the metal bed, his hands resting on his chest.
"I know."

Norm smiled, hitting the side of his arm.
"Isn't this good news? Kiri told me your mate wants kids."

Neteyam sat up using his elbows, his ears turning down.
"It is, I guess. I mean, if I am then it's good. It's just really fast. I wasn't planning on kids for a few years, at least."

Norm sighed, giving a comforting smile.
"Would you like me to make sure?"

Neteyam nodded, laying back down. His arms under his head supporting him.

Norm quickly lowered the metal platform, lifting up Neteyam's shirt. He reached into a close drawer, dropping a cup of blue liquid under his bellybutton.
He reached behind him, grabbing his tablet and a white metallic rod Neteyam recognized from his mom's earlier pregnancies.

He carefully pressed the metal against Neteyam's skin, spreading the gel around. Using his wrists to turn and apply pressure at weird angles.
His eyes glued to the tablet.

Neteyam bit his lip as anxiety filled him, looking to his stomach and Norm.

Finally, Norm placed the metal down, grabbing a towel and wiping Neteyams stomach.
Neteyam sat up, now even to Norm with the platform lowered.

Norm sighed, taking off his gloves and tapping the tablet screen.

Neteyam groaned, pulling his shirt back down.
"Well?..am I?"

Norman handed the tablet to Neteyam, the screen frozen on a black and white image. Blurry, but enough to make sense of.
"That was your stomach five months ago, when I took a scan for internal wounds."

Neteyam furrowed his eyebrows, watching as Norm swiped the screen to a new image. Clearer.
"That's now. See that tiny spot, in the shape of a peanut?"

Neteyam nodded, staring at the spot. His throat closing as Norm finished his explanation.
"That's a baby. I know it's not what you wanted but, you are pregnant."

Neteyam set the tablet down, covering his mouth. He shook his head, lowering it.
"How far?"

Norm shrugged his shoulders, setting his hands in his pockets.
"By the size, probably three weeks. Your symptoms showing this early are from your mom's DNA."

Neteyam closed his eyes, a wave of anxiety and nausea crashing over him.
Norm softened his gaze and voice, hesitant to say anything.
"Have you told anyone?"

"Only Ronal..my mates mom."

Norm nodded, taking the tablet. He walked over to a computer, pressing the keys as something flew out from underneath it.
He picked it up, placing it next to Neteyam.
"It's a picture of it. On earth, we call it a sonogram."