Chapter Ten

Neteyam groaned as Ronal and Neytiri pulled him forward, swinging the metal door open.

They had both insisted Neteyam get checked by Norm, and on them coming.
Neteyam had woken up from intense cramps, enough to almost wake Aonung up.
Worried, the mom's soon ushered him out of the hut and to the sky-healer.

Norm turned in his chair, smiling as he saw Neteyam being laid on the metal platform.
Neytiri turned towards him, her hands on Neteyam's shoulders and bicep.
"He has cramps, check the baby."

Norm laughed, pulling out gloves and the equipment he would need.
He turned to Ronal, giving her a smile.
"You're Aonung's mom, Ronal?"

Ronal nodded, smiling as Norm respectfully bowed.
She turned to Neteyam and Neytiri, signing to them.
"I like this one."

Neteyam smiled, letting Ronal hold his hand as Norm lifted his shirt.

He quickly snapped on his gloves, pressing the metal rod into his stomach.
Norm smiled, turning around the tablet while still examining his stomach.
"You're about four weeks now."

Norm wipes off the gel, throwing the gloves away as they all stared at the screen.
"Everything looks healthy, right on track. Cramping is normal."

Neteyam sat up on his elbows, Neytiri and Ronal wearing smiles.
Norm set the tablet down, crossing his arms.
"Now, this is still unknown territory. Be vigilant. If the cramps get worse or if you feel a stabbing pain, and if you see blood, run to me. You're still not out of the woods yet, so keep coming to me at least twice a week."

Neteyam smiled, nodding and walking back towards the forest.
Neytiri and Ronal followed, locking their arms to his.

Neytiri placed her head on her son's shoulder, waving as they passed members of the clan.
"Soon, you will not feel well enough to travel. What will you do?"

Ronal looked to him, quietly wondering the same.
Neteyam sighed, his tail flicking behind him.
"I do not know. But, Norm is here. I don't feel comfortable being far from him."

Ronal nodded, placing a hand on Neteyam's chest. Smiling as he helped her step up the hill.
"Whatever you decide, we support you."

°^°^°^°^°^°^°

Neteyam sat comfortably on the floor, Tuk behind him playing with his hair.

She stood, wrapping her arms around him.
"Goodnight TeyTey!"

Neteyam smiled, turning and giving her a gentle hug.
"Goodnight Tuk."

Tuk ran into her father's arms, waving as he carried her to bed.
Neytiri walked into the room, taking a seat Infront of him.
"You have still not told anyone."

Neteyam sighed, wrapping his arms around himself.
"I'm still processing it myself. One day, I had just been mated, the next I'm expecting a baby."

Neytiri smiled, nodding in understanding.
Neteyam leaned forward, keeping his hands over his stomach.
"What was it like for you, finding out about me?"

Neytiri took a breath, her hands snitching clothing pieces together.
"It was hard. The war was as brutal as ever, but your father and I found time. I found out after a raid, the bodies making me dizzy. Norm did a scan, and it showed me you. I cut back on raids, stuck to hunting."

Neytiri looked up to her son, placing her hand on his.
"It was one of the hardest things I have been blessed with. But, is had been the most joyful. When I first saw your eyes, heard your voice, saw you walk...I have never felt so much love. It will be difficult, but the second you feel your child, none of that will matter anymore."