Chapter Twelve

Neteyam laid against Aonung's chest, their families surrounding them.
They were all, very much so pissed.

Jake crossed his arms, Lo'ak copying his movements.
"Explain what happened."

Neteyam sighed, slightly wanting to refuse. It would be too painful to talk of. But the way they all stood, showed he had no choice.
"I was getting back from Patrol and I heard a scream, I think. I went to go look and uh..he was there."

Neytiri stepped forward, her eyes narrowed.
"Who?"

"Miles."
Neteyam whispered, looking back to his dad.

Jake stood, struck. Lo'ak stuttered, letting out a nervous laugh.
"No, no way. Dad left him at the bottom of the fucking reef! How..how did he survive?"

Neteyam tensed, his eyes widening.
"You.. don't know?"

Everyone looked at him, almost confused. More so worried.
Neteyam stood from Aonung, his hand resting over the wound.
"Where's Spider?"

Kiri and Lo'ak looked between themselves, both their ears turning down.
"About a week after you left, he kind of, disappeared."

Neteyam nodded, scoffing under his breath.
"Yeah, because I knew what happened. Spider went back for him, after I was shot. He saved him."

Lo'ak tensed, Kiri falling limp against Rotxo.
Tonowari crossed his arms, shooting a glance to Jake.
"How do you know?"

Neteyam thinned his lips, shaking his head.
"When I was, I guess dead, he told me. He told me everything. I don't know how but, I heard him."

Tonowari and the others nodded, sharing careful looks.

At first, they were scared for Neteyam. Thinking he had been injured in a fight. Which, he was.
But now, they worried for him mentally.

Ronal took in a sharp breath, tilting her head.
"Take your time but, explain it to us, what happened with Miles."

Neteyam looked down, slightly calming as Aonung placed their hands together.

°^°^°^°^°^°

Neteyam smiled as he walked along the pathway, happy his patrol went easy and quick.
He had been gone for hours, and he was ready to rest.

He leaned over, slightly running his hands along the trees.

His ears twitched as he heard what sounded like a scream. Maybe closer to a shout.

He turned back around, quickly finding his way to the sound with the help of the trees around him. Making his travel that much faster.

He stilled as he saw who it was.

Black short hair

Blue eyes

Tall Avatar Body

Army Clothing

Knife

Gun

Miles.

Neteyam hissed as he grabbed his knife, preparing to attack from above.
He groaned, dropping the knife as he felt a warm liquid pool down his legs.

He grabbed his stomach, covering his mouth before crouching down.

"Yo, stupid!"

His eyes widened at the familiar voice. A old friend, no a family member, walking towards the Avatar. A smile on his face, fruit in his hand.
Spider.