Chapter Fourteen

Aonung smiled, tilting his head at Neteyam's tense tone, waking towards him.
"Of course we can."

Neteyam smiled, taking Aonung's hand and waking them out of the hut.
Aonung rolled his eyes as their families watched them leave together. Hand in hand. Smiles on all of their faces.

Neteyam led him to a grove of trees, a floating mountain above them. Spraying a light mist on the forest floor.
"This is my favorite place other than the sky."

Aonung smiled, turning his head to look at the trees. Chuckling as small drops of water his his face.
"Why?"

Neteyam looked up to the sky, closing his eyes as he smiled.
"The trees are high, the ground is soft. The mountain never stops it's flow of water. Making this a very healthy ground."

Neteyam looked down, water dripping from his face, down his neck.
"This is where I was going to tell you. About our baby."

Aonung turned to Neteyam, watching him carefully.
For once, they were talking. Not arguing.
Neteyam chuckled, crouching and gently touching the Flora around them.
"I could imagine it. Our child happy. Running around the forest, playing with the creatures at the reef. It was a perfect life. It turned sour when our child joined Eywa. I couldn't imagine another child. It was painful, knowing I could have a child but not our first, it still is. Sometimes unbearably."

Aonung carefully took a step forward, tilting his head down to look at his mate.
"Teyam. I am glad you are talking to me, but I know you. There is something you are worried to tell me. I know what it's about. You don't have to be. Tell me what will help you."

Neteyam smiled, standing and facing Aonung. He carefully placed a hand on his chest, his warmth flowing through his body.
"My love. It is not that simple. When I do what I need, to make me feel right. When I come out of the other side, I will be looked at differently. By friends, family, you. It is complicated, Aon."

Aonung shook his head, wrapping his hand on top of Neteyam's.
"I love you, Neteyam. You are wise and strong. Wise enough to be Olo'eyktan. It wasn't just by birthright, you were chosen by your people. You do not make decisions lightly. I love you, for you. Nothing will change the way I see you."

Neteyam smiled, carefully wrapping his arms around Aonung's neck. Leaning forward and kissing him.
Aonung wrapped his arms around his waist, holding him tight against his chest.
Missing the feeling he would receive at any touch.

Neteyam pulled back, keeping his arms around him.
"What they did to me, deserves nothing but their death. It is time for another war, Aon. It's time for revenge."

°^°^°^°^°^°^°

Neteyam set the map on the table, warriors and his family around him. He kept Lo'ak by his side, translating to his father.
Jake new the Na'vi language, yes. But he wasn't completely fluent. Lack of intelligence, their mom would say.
"Their posts are here and here. One for from the mountain banshee's, one close to the far river. First one has thirty. Second twenty."

Neteyam looked up, crossing his arms. Looking between them.
"Hi'ná and Uveyí will take group 1 to the first post, distract and kill. Leave no survivers. Half will be in the air, two in the trees, everyone else on the ground. Gu'man and Vo'rofay, take post 2 with the second group of warriors. Same rules apply."

The four nodded, looking to the one they would fight with.
Uveyí stepped forward, pining his hair up.
"What of you?"

Neteyam smiled, pointing to a clearing. It had a river by it, trees and rocks around it as well.
"Miles and Spider were seen heading in this direction. I sent Ver'inö to look from above yesterday. Their here. At the Trees of Water. But they had other. Forty, maybe fifty. I'll go there. Efio with me and group 3. The rest of the warriors will stay here, protecting the clan in case something goes wrong. Ver'inö will be in charge of the group stationed here. Make sure to report to him as well."