Chapter Four

TW FOR THIS CHAPTER: IT WILL HE GRAPHIC AND DESCRIPTIVE

Neteyam smiled as he landed in the sand, Tawìpìr and Efio soon by his side.
"It seems quiet. More than I remember."

Tawìpìr laughed, shaking his head. He looked around, kicking the sand as they walked towards Tonowari's hut.
"The people have went to the soul tree. It's-"

Tawìpìr stopped as he looked down, seeing red blood mix in with the pathways. Dripping into the see.

Neteyam and Efio followed his eyes, Neteyam looked back to Efio.
"Stay here!"
He ran after Tawìpìr, leaving Efio to guard the Ikran's.

They found themselves in a forest, a pool of blood and footsteps showing them the way.

Neteyam went wide eyed as he the familiar Metkayina holding onto a tree. Groaning as blood rolled down her legs.
"Ronal?!"

The Metkayina turned, smiling with tears as she noticed the two.
"Neteyam, you've returned."

Neteyam ran to her side as she cried out, letting out a low hiss. He carefully wrapped an arm around her, Tawìpìr going to her other side.

They picked up her legs, running to a enclosed hut on the edge of the shore.

They sat her on the floor, taking off their flying gear.

Neteyam turned to Tawìpìr, handing him bowls.
"Get water, now!"

Tawìpìr nodded, running outside the hut quickly.

Neteyam kneeled beside the mother, holding her hand and wiping her face.
"Breathe, Ronal, breathe."

Ronal nodded, mimicking the Na'vis breath.
Neteyam turned as he heard footsteps next to him, having Tawìpìr take his place.

The Metkayina dipped a cloth in the water, carefully dabbing the sweat from Ronal's head.
Neteyam looked up to Ronal, a regretful look on his face.
"I need to check."

Ronal nodded, taking Tawìpìr's hand.

Neteyam went to Ronal's feet, cleaning his hands quickly before slowly removing Ronal's loincloth.

He pursed his lips as he checked her cervix, closing his eyes with a sigh.
He turned to Ronal, placing a hand on her knee.
"Ronal, listen to me, this baby is coming now. I need you to trust me."

Ronal nodded, sitting up as two more people entered the room. Divers.

Tawìpìr looked up to them, relief flooding through him.
"OlI'ap, Din'ego. Are there others with you?"

The two divers shook their heads, each going to Ronal's side. Respecting her privacy.

Neteyam looked up, narrowing his eyes as he remembered the two divers as well. Tawìpìr's siblings, and skilled men.
"I need one of you outside, in case help comes."

OlI'ap nodded, quickly walking outside as Din'ego kneeled, placing a hand on Ronal's back.
"What about us?"

Neteyam looked up, carefully removing Ronal's loincloth and sitting it beside her. Trying to ignore how intimate this seemed.
"Help her."

Tawìpìr took her hand, Din'ego on her other side as she sat up, pressing her elbows against their thighs.
They grabbed under her knees, keeping them bent to allow an easier birth.

Neteyam looked up to Ronal, trying to keep his face calm as she cried.
She nodded, taking a deep breath.

Neteyam looked back down, checking her cervix once more.
He groaned, a smile soon falling onto his face.
"Almost, it's close."