Mon's Pov

I was excited for today as I had fun the previous day and couldn't wait to go to the studio. I knew Sam would be there as well. When I reached the studio, I saw Sam in discussion with Tee, Kate, and Jim. Tee smiled at me and I smiled back, watching her speak to Sam. I couldn't tell what they were discussing, but I hoped to interact with them soon. Finally, Sam came out of the room and asked everyone to start the practice session for the day. Everyone gradually gathered around. Sam hadn't looked at me yet, she swiftly moved to her position and I walked behind her and stood next to her. I said a quick hi to Sam and she replied with a Hi, but she didn't meet my eyes. She seemed to be in a bad mood. I asked her if she was distracted, which made her finally look at me, but her eyes didn't have the same glow. I could tell something was bothering her. The choreographers came and asked us to take our positions and "I think we should change partners," I heard Sam say. Jim said, "Aa Sam, Tee was just joking at that time." Sam said, "No, I think her idea is good, we should see who is the best fit." The choreographers seemed to agree with this idea as well. I didn't like this idea at all, I wanted to be partnered with Sam. As I started to move towards other members of the band, one of the choreographers stopped me and told me to stay where I am, but Sam interjected and asked, "Why aren't you moving Mon?" "Does she really want me to change partners?" I thought to myself. The choreographer said, "Well Sam, you and Mon have a good chemistry and sync, plus you are almost the same height so it looks visually good, so I would prefer to keep Mon as your partner. Do you have a problem with this?" Sam shook her head no and moved on. I was getting a different vibe from Sam today, something was definitely bothering her. We started our practice and yesterday's Sam seemed to come back. She was putting her all into the practice, I couldn't believe I was performing next to her, I could feel her passion for her art, which made me both awestruck and inspired.

Unlike yesterday, Sam wasn't feeling very talkative today. She kept to herself during breaks and didn't speak much to me, except for occasional head nods or a few words during practice. As the day came to an end and we were all ready to go home, I was approached by one of the staff members. He informed me that he was happy with my progress and that if I kept up the good work, I could definitely see my future in the company. This news made me quite happy and my friends started congratulating me. Jim said, "Mon, check your phone right now." I checked my phone and saw a notification that Jim had added me to their official group. I was thrilled and thought my day couldn't get any better. Kate said, "Mon, we need to celebrate this. You're part of the squad now. We should go out and-". Sam interrupted, "I can't. I'm in my jogs and don't have another set of clothes here to go out and celebrate. You guys should go." Tee chimed in, "Sam is right, we can't go to a fancy place wearing this, but we can still go and get milk tea. I've been dying for one for hours now. This way, we can go to a fancy place some other time, but we still manage to celebrate Mon's success." I was really happy with Tee's idea. Plus, who doesn't like milk tea? It was a win-win.

Jim gracefully bought all of us milk teas. We all stood there quietly sipping our teas.

Kate- "where is boyfriend today, Mon?". I almost spilled my tea.

Mon- "who? What boyfriend?"

Kate- "That guy who came to pick you up yesterday."

Mon- "ohh Nop, He isn't my boyfriend. We've been best friends forever. We both got into groups after the audition and came here. Since we stay together and he was nearby, he came to pick me up."

Jim- "that's good news."

Mon- "huh?"

Jim- "I said it's good to know that you have someone here. But you have us too now."

Mon thanked them, "Thanks a lot, guys."

I am really happy with the support I've found here. Everyone is so nice and it's amazing to think that one day I'll be standing here and enjoying with such huge stars! My dreams are finally coming true. Everyone seems happy and cheerful, except for Sam, whose smile doesn't seem to reach her eyes today. I wish I could provide some comfort to her. Once we all start to leave after spending some time together, I start to walk towards the bus stop. Jim asks me, "Where are you going, Mon? One of us can drop you. Where do you live?" Mon- "It's alright, I can take the bus. Please don't worry." Sam- "It's quite late, I can drop you off on my way home." Kate pushes me towards Sam and says, "Yes, she can drop you off and she isn't bothered by it." We all say our goodbyes and I walk behind Sam, following her to her car.

The car ride was silent, like last time, but the atmosphere was different. I couldn't keep my worries to myself and ended up asking Sam, "What's wrong?"

Sam- "What do you mean?"

Mon- "Is there something that is bothering you?"

Sam- "Nothing is bothering me."

Mon- "I don't know, your face and eyes seem to tell a different story. I mean, if you need someone to talk to-"

Sam abruptly cuts me off and tells me there's nothing. We fall back into silence again. I didn't want to disturb her again; it's clear she doesn't want to talk about whatever is bothering her. We finally arrive in front of my apartment.

Mon- "Thanks a lot for dropping me off."

Sam- "It's alright."

As I was getting ready to leave her car, the seat-belt got stuck, and I was struggling to free it. Seeing me struggling, Sam decided to help. At this point, she was trying to pull it out. During this struggle, I didn't realize when we came this close and when she pulled out the seat belt with a jerk, a sharp pain shot through my right side. We are both whining in pain after Sam's head bumped into mine. Sam's hand came to my face as I was holding the side of my head. "Mon, are you all right? " Sam asks me. Inspecting my head for any serious injuries. She was slowly massage the right side of my head with her fingers. There was a worried expression on her face which actually made me elated. I liked the way she was caring for. I let her keep massaging my head even though the pain was totally gone by now. I wanted to enjoy little more to be cared like this by Sam. All this felt kinda intimate in the closed and dimly lit car. God she is so beautiful, I couldn't help but stare at her face.

Sam- "what did you just say?"

Mon - "what?"

"What did you just say to me?" Sam asks me again. Then it dawned on me that I actually said it out loud. Now I and Sam are looking at each other in disbelief or maybe something more. She has stopped massaging my head but her fingers are still in my hair. She is looking intently at me with her beautiful eyes. She is waiting for my response but all I can do is just look into her eyes. For a brief moment, her eyes look at my lips, and before I know it her lips touch my lips. Before I could think or do anything Sam quickly pulls back and there is a look of panic in her eyes. Sam- "oh god, I am sorr-." I saw Sam panic and I don't know what came over me, my body acted on its own and I pulled Sam back and pecked her lips leaving both of us surprised and wide-eyed. Before I could think about what I have just done, Sam pushes me with the weight of her lips on mine and takes my bottom lip in my mouth. We start kissing feverishly. I put my hand behind Sam's neck pulling her closer to me feeling the softness of her hair on my fingers but it's nothing compared to the softness of her lips on my mine. I feel her tongue touch my lips making me automatically open my mouth to receive her tongue. The taste of her on my tongue made my stomach twist. It was sweet suffering. Sam fits her fingers in my hair making her way to my neck. She devours me like no tomorrow and makes a mess of me. There is a trace of Sam in every corner of my mouth. I believe my own mouth tastes of Sam at this point. I didn't want her to stop anytime soon. It was intoxicated on her lips and her taste and I want her to keep pouring me some more.