Chapter 3: I'm Fine

~~Thomas/Stiles~~

I finally start to calm down and when I turn around, I see . . . Newt?! I walk up to him and say "Hey Newty." He smiles and responds, "Hey Tommy, you, okay?" I nod telling him "Yeah I'm fine, just a little freakout." 

He looks down and says almost too quiet for me to hear but I still do "Because of me." I step even closer, and I embrace him in a hug after a short hug I place my left hand on his face telling him while looking him in the eyes "Newt look at me." 

Once he looks at me, I reply "Newt, it wasn't you. Alright it's just I don't want anyone to know yet. . . So, I freaked out a little thinking Scott saw. It was really nothing and now it's over. Okay?" 

I look at him hopefully and he looks at me while he places his hand on top of mine which is still on his face. I smile at him and say "Now, let's get to our classes." I take his hand in mine and we walk side by side to class.

~~timeskip~~

~~Thomas/Stiles~~

It's after school and Newt and I make our way to the jeep. Newt hops into the passenger seat as I go to get into the driver's side, a hand comes down onto my shoulder and I turn to see Scott. 

He looks at me and asks "Are you okay? You kinda worried me but your friend there told me that he'd check on you. . . So, you, okay?" 

I look down and then towards Newt then back to Scott, I answer "Uh yeah I'm fine just stress." Scott nods and says "Okay good, glad you're okay. See you around Sti . . . Thomas." 

I smile at that as Scott still is trying to respect that I'm not ready to go by my other name and I nod responding "Yeah see you around." 

I give him a hug and I nod again before opening the door of the jeep. I hop in and start the jeep. I back out and turn the wheel driving to take Newt home.