i School's Out

It was the last day of school and the minutes could not take any longer. Math was the last class of the day and Mr Johnson couldn't care less what his students were doing, He was looking forward to the break just as much as his students. Montana was staring out the window while twirling her pencil between her fingers thinking of everything she was going to be able to do this summer. 

Tomorrow would be her and Nick's one-year anniversary and Montana had to go all out. 

On their first date, Nick had taken her to a pottery class and Montana can easily say that it was the best date she has ever been on. They had made a bowel in the class and came back a week later to paint it. Montana loved it so much that she wanted to make this class a monthly date; though that thought was gone almost as soon as it came when she saw Nick hadn't painted his bowel and was just sitting there texting on his phone. To say Montana was disappointed would be an understatement, however, when she asked why he hadn't started he said he was looking for inspiration which she believed. The date was close to perfect.

So for their anniversary, Montana felt like she owed it to him to give him something just as perfect. So while staring out the window she wracked her brain with what she could do and nothing seemed to come to mind. With a sigh, she turned to look beside her where Ella was sitting and decided to ask if she had any ideas. 

Immediately Ella's face lit up as she got out her phone and she said she'd been waiting to be asked,

"I was wondering how long you'd stare out the window before you finally caved and told me what was on your mind" she smiled as she said "your pencil twirling was driving me mad and if I had to hear it twist your ring one more time I think I would have screamed" she huffed out.

Montana just laughed and questioned "well, I'm waiting, do you have an idea or not? I'm really struggling here I don't know what to do or get him and our anniversary is tomorrow," she said as she started to pick her fingernails.

Ella just smiled, "of course I do, I was actually talking to Nicky last night and he said he just broke his golf putter and was needing to buy a new one so if you had one for him it would be like you read his mind, oh and last week he mentioned he wanted to go on a jet ski ride through the marsh, oh and I know he really likes the protein waffles from that new cafe next to the wreck so you could like make a day out of it, and then you know have some fun when you get home" she rambled.

"Ella you are amazing! that is such a good idea, he'll love that you are the absolute best" Montanna gleamed, "it's so great having a best friend who is also friends with your boyfriend, I don't know how I got so lucky" she blushed. "Oh and look only 5 minutes of class left, would you want to go to the golf store after school to get this putter?"

"Of course Mon, you wouldn't know what to get, without me you're hopeless" she laughed, it sounded almost condescending but that was soon brushed off when she announced, "oh and I messaged Sarah and some guys to come to yours tonight so we can have summer party"

This immediately had Montanna's palms sweat as her heart rate picked up slightly, "you're so lucky my dad is out of town for the weekend or else your plan would have been busted before it could even happen" she laughed as she scratched the back of her neck. "But if we have the party at mine everyone has to help clean up, 'cause if my dad notices even the slightest evidence of a party all hell will break loose". 

Ella laughed, "of course, we'll help you clean, what are friends for? plus if we don't help you clean your day with Nicky would be ruined and we can't have the anniversary ruined before it -" She was cut off by the sound of the school bell ringing and the scraping of chairs and zipping up of bags began.