xxxvii the bahamas?

a/n please don't be ghost readers on here, seeing your votes and comments helps me stay motivated

Montana was tossing and turning in her bed; every time she closed her eyes all she could see was the devastated face John B had worn as she left him, all she could hear were his words

"Your dad and Ward Cameron killed my father"

"Your dad killed my father"

He had to be lying right? there was no way her father was capable of murder or even aiding in murder. The man who had taught her how to surf, the man who had raised her, yeah, maybe sometimes he was harsh with her but it was always for her benefit. Now killing someone else's father and leaving them with no one, who benefitted from that. 

Her thoughts kept swarming her head and she couldn't help but question herself and how strange the hatred her father held for the Routledge boy in particular was. Montana knew part of his story had been true as she had just recently come to the realization about his involvement in the hunt, and she couldn't figure out what would make him lie to her. 

Mr Summers leaving late that night hadn't done much help in easing her tentative suspicion for him. Montana had taken a second shower in the hopes it would help her sleep; when she tried before her father's cologne had filled her nose and made her thoughts run rampant. 

Montana woke up the next morning feeling as if she had only just closed her eyes, not rested at all but the buzzing of her alarm made her peel her eyes open. She stretched out her limbs before sitting up and turning it off searching for an outfit quickly so she could hopefully see Pope before his interview. Tana hoped her father was either still out on business or passed out from it so she could sneak out.

Standing in her closet, Montana assessed her options; it wasn't as if she was the one being interviewed but she didn't want to embarrass the Heywards like she did her father too many times; she wanted to look presentable. Pulling out an old band t-shirt that had belonged to her mother brought back memories of her and her mother singing along to The Velvet Underground, Montana let a smile grace her face as she threw it on with a black skirt and her black Converse before heading to her vanity. 

After applying a thick layer of concealer to the somewhat faded handprint on her neck, thanks to her cream, she grabbed her keys and a couple of muesli bars before jumping into her jeep and heading to the address Pope had sent her weeks ago. 

Montana couldn't stop the grin that overtook her features as she pulled up on the other side of the road and spotted Pope in a suit; he looked so grown up. Jumping out of her car quickly she caught the end of his conversation with Mr Heyward;

"you'll be set for life." The older man leaned forward adjusting his son's tie and Montana halted her movements; not wanting to interrupt anything, "No pressure, now." Pope frowned and she could tell he felt the pressure and stress radiating off him. "Just don't screw it up." He nodded to the younger boy who began to turn and head to the building.