xxi Outdoor movies

Montana felt deflated pulling up to the driveway of the Carrera's house; she knew how the three musketeers worked and she knew they had a plan to make Pope pay. She just needed to get to them first and somehow convince them he had nothing to do with the boat. Montana faced the same stairs as she had walked up millions of times before the front door opened revealing a cheerful Kiara. The girl had to do a double take of the Summers girl seeing the outfit she was wearing; Kiara couldn't lie she definitely looked like a kook today but didn't want to mention that, she also wondered how the girl was wearing a knit sweater in this heat but didn't mention it. The warm smile the Carrera wore managed to bring a small smile to Montana's own lips, she didn't know how her best friend was able to lift her mood with just a smile but nonetheless, she was grateful for it. 

Trudging up the stairs she met the girl at the top and was quickly pulled inside by the giddy girl who was yet to notice the deflated mood Montana was sporting. She was dragged up the stairs and into Kiara's room before the two even exchanged pleasantries. Once the door had been closed and Kiara had made sure they were out of her parent's hearing she spun around to face her best friend "Oh my god Tana, I'm so glad you're here." she began walking backwards towards her bed  "Today was a disaster" she said as she fell backwards onto her bed letting out a sigh. 

Ever since the group had arrived back from their unsuccessful search for the Royal Merchant gold Kiara had been wallowing in her room trying to figure out a way to get her boy's spirits back up. She knew how much the gold could help them they would never have to worry another day of their life and she wanted that for them so badly. She knew she was privileged and though she should be grateful that she wasn't living like her friends, she resented it, and she knew deep down they resented her for it. Even if they tried their best to treat her equally Kiara knew they thought she could never understand their struggles and didn't like that. So she decided that she would bring them along to their movie night; in hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea seeing Montana wasn't allowed to hang out with them and the fact it was on figure eight but she was just thinking about all her friends having a good time. 

Montana let another smile grace her face at her friends' dramatics as she made her way to the bed as well, slotting herself beside the girl and laying her head on Kiara's shoulder. "I take it the droning was unsuccessful?" She stared up at Kiara's ceiling which was covered by a tapestry, Montana had completely forgotten to ask Pope about their search when she saw him earlier but was sort of glad she had. She didn't want to add even more of a damper on his mood than she already had. Montana hoped she had eased some of the stress he held about the Topper situation for the boy. 

"Okay so we found the boat b-" Kiara began recounting their morning to the girl beside her before she was quickly interrupted by Montana turning onto her side to face her

"Wait you did? oh my gosh! that's amazing," she began congratulating her excitement building in her for the group, they deserved a win she thought. Before she could continue her excited ramble Kiara cut her off also turning on her side and placing a hand on the smaller girl's shoulder.

"But-" she extended it trying to catch the girl's attention, "there was no gold" She shook her head solemnly in disappointment that made a frown form on Montana's face and she was about to question it. "We used a metal detector, it either wasn't there or someone beat us" she answered her silent question making Montana shut her mouth and nod slowly. They both rolled back onto their backs and stared at the ceiling for a while just basking in the comfort of each other's company. 

"It was fun while it lasted" Montana broke their short silence hoping to bring some sort of comfort to the girl beside her. The group had been super involved with the hunt and although it seemed like a pipe dream she was crossing her fingers that they would find it.