xxii i know i'm hot

After the movie screen had been set alight the four teens had safely made it back to Montana's Jeep. She had placed the boy using her as a crutch in the back, clicking in his seatbelt before making sure Kiara did the same for Pope as she jumped in the front.

Montana turned her car on and her Bluetooth immediately connected as she began reversing out nodding her head along to the tune. Montana began softly singing the words before her bubble popped and she remembered she wasn't alone in the car. Montana wanted to kill her previous self Justin Bieber Baby continued playing, she prayed the pogues were too lost in their own thoughts to hear the song or even recognise it as she subtly tried to change the playlist. However, her attempt went unsuccessful when a warm laugh echoed through the car and her hand froze its movements as if it was caught in the cookie jar. Before she knew it the other two pogues in the car joined the blonde boy's laughter and blood rushed to her cheeks she wanted to crawl into a hole and die; they were laughing at her, they were making fun of her.

"Didn't peg you as a belieber, Money" The blonde in the back managed between laughs either oblivious to the discomfort the girl driving was facing or it just didn't phase him. This just made the girl even more flustered, she was feeling so embarrassed and just decided to stay quiet hoping that if she didn't say anything she'd disappear.

"So are you JJ" Pope outed the boy with a laugh making the blonde's face also turn a shade of pink and Kiara let out a snort. "Never say never is like your anthem" Kiara added as the song came up to the chorus. Montana let some of the embarrassment dissipate as a small smile graced her lips at their words.

"Well yeah" he let out a cough covering up the embarrassment in his voice "The Biebs is cool" he added before turning to look out the window with his arms folded annoyed at his friends for telling this kook he enjoyed some teenage girls' fantasy. Montana glanced up at the rearview mirror and let a small laugh leave her lips seeing the pout resting on the boy's lips, lips that had also been split open making the girl cringe at how annoying her own split lip was and thankful it had fully healed now.

Seeing the boy coated in the same embarrassment she previously was made Montana feel bad and she tried to think of ways she could deflect the attention. Her mouth apparently thought faster than her brain because before she could stop herself she had started singing along to the song; louder than before, 'I'm going down down down down and I just can't believe my first love wont be around' Which shocked the rest of the car as they all looked at her. Before she could let her internal monologue take over Kiara had joined her in the chorus and before she knew it they were all singing Justin Bieber in her car while she drove through the cut. Even that Maybank boy.

Before they knew it Montana had pulled into John B's fish shack telling them that she had a first aid kit in her car and that she wanted to make sure all their wounds were clean before she left them. The girls had decided that they would each take one boy to patch up and Montana didn't mind that assuming she would be with her second favourite Heyward. As Montana rounded her car, she grabbed the kit from her boot and also took the bruising cream out of her tote before she followed after the three into the house. Was she nervous someone may have seen her on the cut? yes. But after the night they had that was honestly at the bottom of the list of things she was worried about.

As she entered the château she noticed Pope sitting on the pull-out couch as Kiara used a wet washer to clean off his face and internally screamed at the girl. Her eyes widened as a crease formed between her eyebrows and she sent a pleading look at the two. Kiara was the only one who noticed the girl and just nodded her head to the guest bedroom. "You're better at this and he was worse" Kiara bargained as Montana reluctantly made her way to the room, as she entered the familiar herbal smell entered her nostrils and she noticed the joint hanging between the blonde boy's fingers as he continued to inhale it. Bathing in the peaceful moment she let her eyes roam around the room that this boy had seemingly claimed as his own. There were clothes scattered across the floor along with a backpack the boy appeared to carry everywhere. On the bedside table was a beer can, a grinder and a foil packet- Widening her eyes, Montana quickly diverted her eyes back to the boy in disgust who was sitting up against the headboard of the bed with his legs laying in front of him. His eyes were closed and she wasn't sure if he was awake or asleep; her eyes roamed over his face and she realised she had never truly looked at the boy.