Part Twenty-One

When I woke I had the feeling of times passage. I looked around the room that I remember being in before I collapsed from pain, whether it had been emotion or physical I couldn't tell you. The furniture had been replaced but everything else had been the same. I felt sore and stiff but the pain had definitely decreased. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and tried to stand. I jumped when an alarm went off and beyond the end of the bed a body flew up. I hopped up the rest of the way and tried to run for the bathroom but wires and tubes refused to release me. "Fuck Hunter, baby calm down. You scared me. Sit back down you shouldn't be up." Jordan now stood over me at his impressive height. He picked me back up and slid into the bed with me on top of him. I frowned at that. "Its ok baby its ok." He didn't quiet look himself. There was a frantic wild look in his eye.

"I need to use the restroom," I mumble quietly.

"You have a catheter in so you can just go," he mumbles back already looking half asleep. I wasn't going to just go while laying here on him. I couldn't even if I wanted to. My body would never allow that. I glanced around for the nurse call button but couldn't find it.

"Jordan, I need to go." I whined. It was becoming an emergency. HE sighed and pulled the remote I had been looking for from under my pillow his head was on and pushed the button.

A minute later Cecil was walking through the door. "She frowned at us but then smiled at me. "Oh your up. What can I do for you?"

"Bathroom," I tell her.

"You have a catheter in. you can just go." She says not seeing the problem.

"I want it out so I can go like a normal functioning human," I tell her.

She hesitates but nods. "Prince Lakeson I need you to step out for a moment," her voice is hesitant and shaky.

"No," he growled and tightened his arms around me. I winced and he jumped letting go of me and fleeing across the room. "I'm sorry." My heart broke. He looked so very broken.

"Just get it out." I tell her. I couldn't force him to leave not when he looked so fragile. She looks at him skeptically and I wonder what he did to the poor woman. She gets her supplies and then lifts the blanket and removes the tube. It stings and I flinch slightly.

After she starts undoing the monitors and pulls out my IV. "You have healed well enough to be released. I suggest you take it easy a few more weeks." Her smile is kind and I wish her luck in this country.