Chapter 29: A Devil's Home with the Fairies

Dawn had risen as sunlight shined over the ruins of the castle. Drake still in his evolved Devil Trigger stood tall. He fell to his knees as he used Rebellion to support himself.

A red mist rose from Drake's body, he then returned to his human appearance; regaining his breath. 

Drake: (panting) Now that... was a rush.

???: That was an awesome fight. 

Drake looked and saw Natsu walking towards him. 

Natsu: (smile) Good job defeating Vali, I knew you had it in you. 

Drake: (smile) Thanks.

Natsu smiled and held up a fist, Drake smiled and the two fist-bumped.

???: Drake! 

They both turned around to see Kat, Trish, Happy, Wendy, Carla, Erza, Gray, Ur, Lucy, Juvia, Levy, Cana, Elfman, Mirajane, and Lisanna run towards them.

Drake found himself circled by the wizards who began to praise him.

Levy: You were so awesome!

Cana: You kicked that guy's ass!

Elfman: Yeah, that was so freaking manly!

Wendy: (stars in her eyes) You're so amazing!

Carla: Yes quite impressive.

Gray: Not bad, not bad at all. Aside from completely destroying this castle.

Lucy: There's no doubt about it, he's gonna be our new strongest member!

Trish looked to Drake and smiled in his direction, and he smiled back.

Drake: So where's everyone else? Gajeel, Laxus, Gildarts, Lady, and the others? (looks and smirks at Lucy) And your boyfriend Lucy?

Lucy's face turned red with steam coming from her ears

Lucy: He's not my boyfriend! Anyway, he went back to the Spirit World to rest up.

Erza: Gajeel, Laxus, Gildarts, Lady and the Thunder Legion went to retrieve Vali. They should be back soon.

???: He ain't there.

They all looked to the side to see Gajeel, Laxus, Gildarts, Lady, Freed, Bickslow, and Evergreen walk towards the crowd.

Gajeel: Vergil ain't there.

All the wizards were surprise, especially Drake.

Natsu: Not there?! What do you mean not there?!

Lady: He's gone, no sign of him.

Freed: It was as if he vanished in thin air.

Gray: He just got the crap beating out of him and then some! How could he have just walked away?!

At that moment, a strong wind blew past them; and a few of them could see a figure briefly move in the wind.

???: This is far from over. You will see me again.

Wendy, Lucy, and Erza especially had a chill sent down their spine as they all looked in the direction the wind had gone, but they saw nothing.

Happy: (shivered) Okay... that was scary.

Lucy: (frighten) Anyone else a little freaked out right now? Not just me?

Cana, Wendy, Levy, Juvia, Happy, even Lady, all raised their hands in agreement.

Drake: I wouldn't worry. 

Drake struggled to stand up, using Rebellion to support himself.

Drake: He's too injured to fight any further, he won't be an issue for a while.