Chapter 97: Reviving the Guardians

Sora experienced his first defeat at the Keyblade Graveyard again. He watched Riku fight off against the Shadows again until he and Sora were attacked by them.

Sora was flying in a dark void and he was asleep.

Sora... Sora!

Sora opened his and he saw Ultear above him.

Ultear: Thank goodness. I see a light up ahead. Do you know what that is?

Sora then faced forward and gasped when he saw the light.

Sora: Riku!

Sora tried to reach it, but he was still far away.

Sora: Riku! Answer me!

The light then shone brightly, surprising Sora and he started to get closer to it.

Sora: Ultear, grab my hand!

Sora held out his hand and Ultear grabbed it. The two then entered the light.

There was a bright light underneath their eye lids and the two opened their eyes. They were standing on a long staircase that led to a large door surrounded by clouds.

Sora: This is Herc's world.

Ultear: Herc?

Sora: A friend of mine. He is a god and this place is the home of the gods known as Olympus.

Ultear: A god?!

Sora: Yup.

Ultear: Amazing. I wonder what other people you met during your travels.

The two of them started to head up the stairs. 

Ultear: But why would your friend be here?

Sora: I don't know. (stops and looks around) There's nobody here.

???: Gee, I'm here!

Both Sora and Ultear were surprised to see Jiminy on Sora's shoulder. Sora held both his hands out and Jiminy landed on them.

Sora: Jiminy! You're okay!

Jiminy: Well, 'okay' might be a stretch, but what are we waitin' for? We need to find the others!

Sora: (smiles) Right!

Ultear: Sora, who is this?

Jiminy: Oh I'm sorry, I never introduced myself. Cricket's the name. Jiminy Cricket, at your service.

Sora: Jiminy is a friend of mine. He records all of our adventures.

Ultear: Really. My name is Ultear Milkovich. I am a mage of Crime Sorciere.

Jiminy: Nice to meet you too. I hate to interrupt this but we have some people to save.

Ultear: Of course. I joined Sora to assist him in bringing his friends back.

Sora: Let's go.

The two of them nodded and they both passed through the door. They all examined the area, but there was still no one there.

Ultear: I wonder if this place is not the realm of the gods, but something else.

Sora: Maybe...

Sora then saw something on top of a golden platform at the center of the area.

Ultear: What is it?

Sora looked closely to see what it was and gasped. It was Riku, but his body was completely clear and motionless.