Asylum

"Your mastery of deception is about as ungraceful as your mastery of chemistry," Obi-Wan remarked.

"What can I say," Lex said, charging up her blaster pistol. "The only thing I seem to be good at is shooting things."

And when Obi-Wan saw the illegal and unmistakably "witchy" Eclium vial buzzing off Q2's ammo belt, his hand hoovered over the hilt of his sheathed lightsaber.

"If you're not the real Lex Halo," he said. "Then who, might I ask, are you?" 

"I suppose if you Jedi call yourselves the heroes of this galaxy," she said. "Then that makes me your antagonist." 

"What a shame," Kenobi remarked. "Just when I was starting to sense a connection between us."

"There's no need to wake my patients, so I will go quietly," she informed him. "The droid and I will escort ourselves off base, and you'll forget you ever saw us."

"On the contrary, lieutenant," Obi-Wan said. "Our time together on this asteroid has been quite a riot. Time flies when you're having fun, wouldn't you say?"

"Don't worry, Jedi, I'm just the opening act. When the Jeotian warships arrive, it'll be a blast."

"If it's anything like your knack for puns, I'm sure it'll be a crowd pleaser." 

"There's no need to disturb the peace." 

"I couldn't agree more. Surely, we can settle this in a more civilized manner," Obi-Wan said. "However, if your intention is to give away our position to the Empire, I'm afraid I can't allow that. Senator Amidala and her children must be protected."

And quicker than she could say Jedi scum, Kenobi ignited his neon blue blade and took an offensive stance in the Soresu lightsaber form to rival the barrel of her blaster.

"Of course, peacekeeping is your expertise, is it not?" she remarked. "And for one flying under the radar, it would be quite grandiose to make a scene and draw attention to yourself. I'm sure you'll agree, Master Kenobi, that looking the other way is in both our best interests." 

"And I suppose the Eclium your droid smuggled for you is also in the spirit of best interests?" 

"And I suppose, that you suppose, to make me surrender for it?"

"That would be a good start," Obi-Wan agreed.

"A good start to your end, Jedi!" Q2 declared, activating all of his blaster pistol compartments and recklessly opening fire on the room.

"Q2, stand down!" Lex demanded. 

But the droid couldn't help it.

Q2 would obey his programming.

A fight he couldn't win here. 

They were outnumbered.

And it was only a matter of time before Kenobi's reinforcements followed the sounds of blaster fire to Lex's work hub.

Q2 would devotedly stand up against the entire base to allow his mistress time to escape, without any concern for his own preservation, meeting his inevitable demise in the end.

Lex couldn't let that happen.

Despite being found out by Kenobi, she refused to leave Q2 behind to save herself. 

Droid or not, he was all she had left of the home. 

For three years, they had been on the run. Two fugitives roaming the galaxy in the bickering of each other's company. Somehow finding comfort in their mutual longing for the planet they left behind.